85 Aspencade with the wobbles that might fall down :)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when it set up up wrong it wears the tire that way when straiten out ....it will take time for the tire to run in some ...and this picticular tire may never wear in good if it already trained to much to the wobble side

I had the same problem with my 83. My left hand fork tube was almost a 32 of an inch lower than the right. Rest the tubes and I can let go of the bars at any speed and she will go straight down the road and no wobble.

i have the same bike with the same wobble that just came about the other day. I have not changed anything but put more air in the rear suspension. My front tire pressure is at 32 psi what should it be at?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77730#p77730:1uuojs8v said:
dan filipi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 am[/url]":1uuojs8v]Good deal, glad you got it sorted out!

Question,
when you had the fork clamps loose, how did you find exact center of the bars in relation to the wheel before tightening?
The way I do it is this.
assuming the front tire is contacting the ground at the 6 o'clock position. Find the center of the tire at about the 2 o'clock position. Then measure from the handlebar ends to the mark. If both are equal the tire is centered.

Ok I can measure from tips of grips to 9 o'clock position on the front tire without the fairing skewing the measurement.

Going to mark and measure to see what it looks like.

I''ll be back.

It's nearly exact though I do need to pull the bike out of the garage and check more carefully with a helper.
I'm hoping to find it "off" some since it will wander to the left on the highway. Something is off kilter.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82655#p82655:2sxlelx9 said:
slabghost » Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm[/url]":2sxlelx9]by any chance have measured from the top triple clamp to axle centers?
Hard to do with fairing in the way but I'll have a try.

Latest posts