90 degree screwdriver

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89-300ce":3k9dx7rv said:
scdmarx":3k9dx7rv said:

Just the time that would be involved. It doesn't seem clever enough for an assembly line process.

Hmmm, needs to be done, no? Perhaps it's done at the dealership level? When they open the crate and do the PDI pre-delivery inspection and finalizing?

89-300ce":8wz9048c said:
I wonder how Honda did it. I don't mean what they wrote in the manual but how they did it on the assembly line. I can't imagine some guy doing the idle drop and sync on the assembly line.
It does say "Factory Set". Gotta kinda think it was set at the "Factory"?

Could they do the whole process on a vacuum bench and intall the carbs, plenum, manifolds as a complete assembly. That would get around starting each bike, waiting until it gets to warm enough to bypass the choke and settles into a proper idle, etc. Do they even put gas in the tank at the factory?

Could have assembled the motors and bench run and set them before installing in the frame complete then finished the bike around it. :headscratch:

I bought cheap carb tool 19.95 I was not satified with it I had to try and modify it to have clearence to get to idle screws (that I changed to after market)!!!!! Finaly covered hot intake runners with a rag and used my fingers!!!! Ouch!!! Attachments I looked at were much better than what I bought so you get what you pay for. I think I finialy settled for 21/2 turns out for 82 carbs???

Here's another question for those that also have 1500's. Do you have a need for a 90 degree screwdriver on the 1500? My dream is to get one so if you do need one then maybe I will go for more expensive that will last longer and work better. But then I don't ever see me getting rid of the 1100 either. Seams the concensus is the more expensive will work better and last longer but the right inexpensive one might work just as well for the few times you use it.

I have taken the limiters off my carbs. Anytime I've ridden with a group they say it smells rich, and my exhaust shows signs of running rich. I used a soldering iron, worked really well. If your thinking of taking yours off and use a soldering iron I recommend patience. Once heated enough they will come right off, if you have to pry they are not hot enough.

slabghost":2vk9per1 said:
Could have assembled the motors and bench run and set them before installing in the frame complete then finished the bike around it. :headscratch:

Can't say how Mama Honda did/does it, but most all of the auto manufacturers run the engines on natural gas before shipping, to make adjustments.

there's a video on youtube on plant assembly of late model goldwing six cylinder bike called "Assembly of a Goldwing." shows them slapping one together and running it in on dyno. pretty interesting. then they build the motorcycle around the engine

I bought a long bendy type 90 degree with a thumb wheel to do mine after a Randaaks rebuild kit.....after trying for two weeks to not spend the money and burning my fingers etc. mine has a counter on it so you can keep count of the turns...it took ten minutes to dial all four carbs in and was worth every penny of the price plus tax etc. even If I never have to use it again. It was about $40.00 all together

Here is the one I bought, I just need to remember where....I got it from the innernets...that much i do know

Attachments

• IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 776
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 778
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 782

Latest posts