Any copier repairmen here?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
I have an wireless HP 6510 photosmart all in one machine. Recently it developed and odd problem, it simply will not print black. It also does not read new cartridges as full but instead empty. It prints every other color and performs every other function normally. I bought two new black cartridges to try and cleaned the ink level sensors and ink port with alcohol and tried every diagnostic test and setting I know of. I hate to trash it as it is not that old but is out of warranty. Can anyone give some insight before I replace it????

That looks like the same model my in-laws had. Uninstalling the printer and driver helped a couple times but problem would come back.
The display also had some missing characters so I talked them into getting a Canon laser printer.

Not much help I know, but I do know inkjet printers are not made to last long and it seems like they are made intentionally to get the user to buy their brand new ink cartridges trying to make it work.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161452#p161452:1yx9wd9h said:
dan filipi » 19 minutes ago[/url]":1yx9wd9h]
That looks like the same model my in-laws had. Uninstalling the printer and driver helped a couple times but problem would come back.
The display also had some missing characters so I talked them into getting a Canon laser printer.

Not much help I know, but I do know inkjet printers are not made to last long and it seems like they are made intentionally to get the user to buy their brand new ink cartridges trying to make it work.

Probably true, and invokes my cynical side. We live in a throw away society today and manufacturers seem to capitalize on that mindset. Engineered predetermined failure of products.

Yeah for sure that.

For a few months before I bought a color laser, I'd buy the $25 special inkjet from Walmart. Cartridges were over $30 each, so when it ran out of ink, in the trash it went replaced by another $25 Walmart special.

I realize this doesn't help either but it seems 95%+ of all computer complaints here on the forums are about printers. Drivers that are corrupted or disappear. :roll: and the cartridges. Laser printers are affordable and a dream to use and own. Mine is an all in one by Brother for $99(black and white), so cool to be able to let it sit for months between use and no problems when you do.

~O~

So true, I'll never buy another inkjet.
Our black and white printer gets used all year long in my business printing flyers, invoices, tax stuff, kids school stuff, like one cartridge a year maybe.
I've had this one a bit over a year and just a few months ago I changed the original starter cartridge out.

I am a copier repairman, and first thing, these little home printers are not the commercial machines we work on. I too do not like these inkjet machines, the ink goes bad before I can use the cartridge up. I'm going to have to pony up for a laser machine soon, they're the best way to go for home use IMHO.

Latest posts