Auto parts, Car mechanics, help please

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabghost

Reaction score
So far my research has determined these belts fit our 1200s.
NAPA #250070
Gates T070 or 5043
Goodyear 40070
Now my question. Do these same belts fit the 84 Toyota Tercel 1.5 liter?
If so then these belts should also work.
Quinten Hazel QTB142
Dayco 95070
Beck /Arnley 026-0175
There are also continental belts and likely more.
Does anyone know for certain what other vehicles / motors use these same belts? I'm thinking the Subaru Justy used the same.
:thanks:

Gates T070 is listed as fitting the 84 Toyota Tercel 1.5l 4 cyl. $6.81 each at rockauto.com

I just put the Goodyear 40070 gatorbacks on my 86 and the Gates and Napa belts are listed as interchangeable for the 40070. I don't know about the other belts V has listed.

According to NAPA, the 250070 belt fits the 1200 'Wings, along with these other vehicles.

You can use the Gates T274, Napa 250274 or the Goodyear 40274. Sometimes you can catch them on sell at places like RockAuto .com for anywhere from 20.00 to 30.00 per set of two. Those numbers are good for the 1100.

Also purchased a couple belts (plus thermostat, radiator hose, bearings to rebuild the idlers) for the 1000 from Amazon. If someone in your family has Prime membership, they can add you and you can get free 2-day shipping!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

If anyone else has the time and inclination to search for other car applications for belts or seals or springs or whatever. We can all benefit from increased availability and lower costs. Anything you find please post it here.

I searched for availability (and cheapest shipping) for the 12x21 dowels between the heads and block - plenty on all sorts of vehicles.

I did just that, Joe. One came right out, I think a PO used some kind of sealant that got in the hole with it (even found some in the combustion chamber) It ended up ripping the dowel. I was able to collapse it and get it out without block damage, but will need to pick up a new one. Luckily, they are broadly used. I'm trying to get a Partzilla order together that makes the shipping cost worth while, or may see if my local dealership has one when I take the GL1800 in to have the speed sensor checked (last two months of extended warranty, and it has started to occasionally not work when first started, which gives an error light.)

Latest posts