bank angle sensor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would trust you…. but it's the other guy that worries me. I'm sure you wouldn't ride without a helmet, gloves, boots, etc. You use proper riding gear in case of the other guy. If the other guy causes your bike to go down and the throttle sticks…. extreme engine damage could result. Thus Honda saw the need for a sensor to turn off the engine... for safety sake.

I hope you can accept this.

my 88 had a recall on the BAC after that it was not an issue, my current 94 has never had the problem. my $0.02

Well the Bank angle sensor can be wired out of the wiring, then removed and thrown away.

I have the instructions in my files of goldwing repair Info.

I bough my 84' GL12 from a guy that lived a few mile from me.

He crashed his GL12 due to leaving the side stand down and then taking off and riding, he went to make a left turn with the side stand down, got the rear wheel off the ground lost control and went into a 3ft deep ditch at 30mph, and finally ran into a tree stump, it through him from the bike.

The problem with accidents are they happen when you least expect it.

I have heard people say I new that would happen. :swoon:

I want to ask why did you do it then

all kidding aside its a big deal to me ...i would love to come up with something to help people like me and toy who have obviously taken to many direct hits in the chip :smilie_happy: i will have to give this some thought ....i cant beleave i havnt tied something ....but i think i forgot ...the info in my trash can brain is huge ...it might as well be on mars :smilie_happy: hmmmmmmm

I have had a couple 1200s now and one 1500. I did do the recall on the 1500. Did they not have a problem with the 1200 BAS also ?
And by the way I am one of the stupid guys that have been in two accidents. One was my fault and one wasn't.

To the best of my knowlege there was not a problem.Have had two 1100's,& the two 1200's,in the garage, have been free of issue (knock wood) so far. To tell the truth,don't know if they had one!