Best Air Filter Source?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmofo

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the perfect place to post this, but can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get a replacement air filter element for my GL1100? I'd be much obliged.
Charlie

Any chance WalMart has an air filter that fits? Can someone tell me what size bolts and nuts are needed to mount the airbox. PO lost the hardware so it's just sitting in place.

The bracket is in place but I need the bolts that holds it in place and the wing nuts that hold the filter and cover down.

Thank you much. I have to go get socket screws for my MC cover any way so I'd like to get all the hardware at once.

slabghost":xehyp22f said:
Thank you much. I have to go get socket screws for my MC cover any way so I'd like to get all the hardware at once.

Sorry, didn't forget about you.

The bolt length is 2 3/8 inches. 2 1/2 inches long would be OK.
I'm not good with thread size but it's the same size thread as the 2 bolts that hold the false tank on under the seat.

Thank you very much. I'll get to work on that tomorrow. I hope to get the maintenance caught up and be able to get it registered tuesday.

chazmofo":1syhnjqn said:
Sorry if this isn't the perfect place to post this, but can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get a replacement air filter element for my GL1100? I'd be much obliged.
Charlie

I usually get stuff like that from a local motorcycle shop on small items his price is about the same but no freight so it ends up being cheaper on larger items I let him know what I can get it for online and he will match if he can.