bike therapy for ptsd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom foreman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this on a horse trade.met ed,a couple months ago.bad divorce,his ptsd was at all time high.i told him to forget the :sensored: and get a bike.so I got him this..motherinlaw will put his unit on sides,skull with company insigna in the middle of tank.he,s now my best friend.i got his 6.he,s got mine.i,m giving him this bike,the ex got everything,and friends should help each other.having ptsd,is being able for me to see,the bad signs of it.and now the good of it.he,s never rode a street bike.got his permit.changed out handle bars.need new grips.pics.to follow,and he loves my cookouts..tom :moped: :music: :salute:

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 584
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 577
GREAT thing to do for a person in such great pain, turmoil, & misery. :clapping: :good: P T S D is a lot bigger problem than most people realise! :roll:

The work in the shop is also very good therapy, :good: to take your thoughts to a better spot, :yes: or at least in my experience. :thank_you:

Good to see him enjoying and learning. However a damaged brain pan in addition to PTSD may prove insurmountable. Please get him wearing a brain bucket.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161919#p161919:1spgckn1 said:
slabghost » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:30 am[/url]":1spgckn1]
Good to see him enjoying and learning. However a damaged brain pan in addition to PTSD may prove insurmountable. Please get him wearing a brain bucket.
+1

i,gave ed my,brothers helmet .then on thanksgiving ,after i made the whole dinner..my wife don,t cook..i do..i gave him a vest,thanks all you veterans...we will be working on his bike this winter.and taking a feb-2016 or march 2016 trip down south to ride.when its cold up here,we will be somewhere down there.where its sunny and warm... :moped: :salute: :salute:

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 291

Latest posts