carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kengland

Reaction score
Hey guys! Well not quite ready to ride, am waiting for new fuel filter to arrive. Got thru the carbs all okay. Went pretty smooth I must say. Got the pilot screws out n changed. Glad I did, 1 was way crusty rusty crappy. Feeling much better about things. We'll see in a day or 2. Another question... what's the best site you guys have had luck with buying parts? Am now looking for the rubber insulator for fuel pump and previous owner/s cut a hole in upper fairing for C.B. install. Would like to try n find those and some other misc. stuff. Thanks again guys.! You've all been great and helpful!! :good:

Different places have different things , carb stuff I use cycle recycle pt.2 or Randakk`s..accessories I use ebay a whole lot, need to be persistent and you will find what you need for a great price but may take 6 months even a year but maybe a week you just never know.. Some of the guys here have extra parts, maybe a post in the for sale/wanted section. Dan Filipi has been working on a parts site, not sure it is up and running yet.

Hey guys... Good news! Got fuel filter yesterday, but was so dang hott here :heat: (Spokane, WA 105 degrees) didnt get out to the shop till late evening. Got all installed, new fuel hose n clamps. After some coaxing... Ol girl fired up and runs pretty decent. Pretty happy guy :BigGrin: Now... have new problem. Have lost ground to fuel pump, blows fuses when I apply rear brake and dims horribly when front brake applied. I did find while having tank cover and seat off, someone previously added trailer light harness and some other scab work. Tried cleaning all that up, and thats when the troubles started. Havent dove in to it much yet...still too HOTT! But will throw the question out there... Any body else seen/heard this story? Something common Ive touched, crushed,? Sounds like I have a direst short/ground somewhere. Will check back later with updates.

Thanks everyone,
Kevin

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152070#p152070:3ku3znmy said:
slabghost » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:16 pm[/url]":3ku3znmy]
Sounds like a brake feed line is grounding somewhere.
Output from the switches to the light, more than likely the short is closer to the rear brake switch or light :yes:

Yup...thinking you guys are right on or atleast real close. Will do some more investigating when it cools off a bit, still pushing 100 today. Kinda strange tho...this all started when I deleted the 4 wire trailer light harness. And thats all I did.!! Made sure all was nice n neat n well insulated... HUMMM Some sort of coincidence or those pesky "Wire Gremlins" I hate those guys :rant:
See ya all later

Latest posts