CGW Midwest MEET AUGUST 31st to Sept 2nd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
This is the new thread for the CGW Midwest meet.

The final meeting place will be Joedrum's place Saturday September 1st in French Lick Indiana.

Slabghost and I will be leaving his place in Wintersville Ohio on Friday Aug 31st.

More details on ride route and schedule (both to and from Joe's) will be posted in this thread.​

Wow! 400 miles in the back seat. I haven't ridden in the back seat on a bike in 30 years. I would be a nervous wreck. (no offense Slabghost) I guess I must be a control freak.

Piper15T":2huk70x7 said:
Wow! 400 miles in the back seat. I haven't ridden in the back seat on a bike in 30 years. I would be a nervous wreck. (no offense Slabghost) I guess I must be a control freak.
none taken. Actually I expect we'll be switching places many times over the trip. Dan has to carry part of the load after all. :moped:

This is the ride route.
It may vary some but we'll be going the most direct route.

(Click on the map to zoom)
CGW ride route.PNG

I'll be buying my flight to Ohio in the next couple weeks.

The tentative plan for me is to arrive in Ohio Thursday night late- August 30.
Slabghost will be picking me up from the airport.

Slab and I will leave Friday morning early AM.
Sunrise is my favorite time to start out.

The destination is Joedrums place in French Lick Indiana where we'll hang out and get a first hand look at all the projects Joe's been working on!
I'll have my video camera to catch Joe playing the drums and hopefully we'll have a few others playing guitar and such. I'll post the vid when I get home.

We'll get out for a ride somewhere Saturday, no destination planned. We'll play that by ear.

The return ride will be back to Ohio, slab's place where I'll fly out from there.
Not sure what day that will be, most likely Sunday but it depends on work for both of us and if I can leave the flight time open.

Looking forward to anyone that can join up with us along the route to and from as well as meeting at Joe's!

No...No....No....!!!! The doc is telling me possible knee surgury in AUGUST!!! Seems that a kidney stone (sorry to say have had plenty of them) has relocated to my knee cap! :hihihi: (Calcium deposit under the tendon above the cap)

Heres to hoping recovery is quick and no restrictions on riding!!! :yes: :moped:

I plan to join in somewhere along the route, Columbus or Cincinnati. My son lives in Pickerington just East of Columbus. I may ride up and spend the night there and join you around Columbus. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and especially seeing Joe and his little dog house. :yahoo:
Gerry, I hope you'll be able to make it.

mcgovern61":7sz4tb6l said:
No...No....No....!!!! The doc is telling me possible knee surgury in AUGUST!!! Seems that a kidney stone (sorry to say have had plenty of them) has relocated to my knee cap! :hihihi: (Calcium deposit under the tendon above the cap)

Heres to hoping recovery is quick and no restrictions on riding!!! :yes: :moped:
Uggghhh........Doc says early August for surgery or risk damage. 8 week total recovery and no riding during that period!!!! :rant: :head bang: :swoon: :crying:

Looks like I am going to miss the trip! :crying: (Somebody at least Skype me when you all get there!)

Just caught this, penciled in on my wall. But I already have 2weeks off booked for August (riding to Norfolk) so I will have to play it by ear for work. Worst case, bomb out Friday night, back Saturday night........

Oldewing":3hxjt08u said:
Passed first test (wife)

think I got a buddy talked into coming with me, so plan is out Friday am from Gahanna, back Saturday afternoon :music:
COOL!

Let's try to work it to hook up with slabghost and I starting out from Wintersville Ohio Friday morning.
His place is about 3 hours away from Columbus.
I'll be at his place Thursday night so I'm game for leaving super early Friday AM.

We'll be in a motorhome pulling a trailer and riding one bike so it's a nice chase vehicle!

Slab, looking at the flights and timeline.
How does this sound to you?
My flight arrival Thursday at 6pm in Pittsburg we ride/drive out to Joe's in Indiana leaving early Friday morning, back to your place on Sunday?
This means staying at Joe's Friday and Saturday night, drive back Sunday then I fly out Monday.

Slight change in plans for me.

TO Joe's hasn't changed but instead of returning to Ohio on Monday and flying home from there, I'll be Staying at Joe's until Tuesday and flying home from Louisville Kentucky.
The reason for the change is slab and his wife are staying at Joe's all week, can't take that much time off.

Latest posts