CGW Midwest MEET AUGUST 31st to Sept 2nd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have son that lives in Pickerington, just East of Columbus. More than likely, I'll spend the night there and meet wherever the hook up happens around Columbus.
Look out Joe, here we come. :yahoo:

Looks like a good event, I’m thinking real hard about coming. From the looks of their route through Cincinnati, a good place to meet up would be the rest area in northern KY. at mile marker 175. I have to work that Fri. morning till 1:00 pm so that might just work for hooking up with “oldwing” and the group. Thinking thinking thinking….

Ken L.

Sorry
Still unsure dan.
The step daughters wedding is the 29th and I have to barter some saterdays around to make it work,and that one is looking like its on the table.

Tory":wvhrqlrh said:
Sorry
Still unsure dan.
The step daughters wedding is the 29th and I have to barter some saterdays around to make it work,and that one is looking like its on the table.

What .. she wouldnt understand?

Still on, but looks like the 77 side hack ain't coming. Bring it home yesterday, pulled hard left,crossed into fast lane(thank god no passing traffic) and "brushed" the concrete barricade. Leading link front end tweaked some. Think the set up was not what is should of been...

Well some scrapes and swelling on left leg, but helmet, gloves and shoes all did there jobs. So, in short, I bought it, put 42 miles an it, and now it's a project :crying:

Have to go to leading link school, cause I know nothing of them. But my 1100 is ready and so will be I :beer:

gee that seems to be cool ...a 77 hack ....i think i could do what you did ...i dont have any experience on a hack ...im sure id be wanting to lean or jump off or something ...im glad your alright :shock: :help: :headscratch:

Sweet! Okay folks tentative timetable. Depart here at 7am should be near Pickerington around 9am. Columbus by 10am. Cincinatti should be roughly noon. The motor home is almost as aerodynamic as a barn on wheels so all times are subject to change. If you plan to meet with us my wing is a vetterized 80 kind of metallic maroon and we'll be followed by a Winnebago Brave white motor home. Pm me if you plan to join the group enroute and I'll give you my cell phone number.

Ken L.":2rroju6g said:
Looks like a good event, I’m thinking real hard about coming. From the looks of their route through Cincinnati, a good place to meet up would be the rest area in northern KY. at mile marker 175. I have to work that Fri. morning till 1:00 pm so that might just work for hooking up with “oldwing” and the group. Thinking thinking thinking….

Ken L.
The earliest I expect we can be in cinci is noon however with meets along the way it will probably be a little after 1 when we roll through. So yes the timing will probably work very well. We'll be stopping every so often to stretch our legs and BS anyway.

Cant say for sure but i probably will pop over to Pittsburg maybe ride a few hours before I turn back. Wifes talking about going somewhere for the labour day weekend that would mess me up.

I'm about an hour west of pittsburgh on route 22. If another time works better for you and you're going to be in or near pittsburgh I'll surely try to make time to meet up.

slabghost":3h0vg8mr said:
I'm about an hour west of pittsburgh on route 22. If another time works better for you and you're going to be in or near pittsburgh I'll surely try to make time to meet up.

:salute: Next time we go to Oglebay we will stop by but i think this time I will take a rain check on the CGW Meet as its a bit close to the Carlisle Fall Meet :salute:

Didn't know folks outside of the local area even knew about Oglebay. Nice place with some very nice activities.

:Egyptian: :Egyptian: Oglebay is a great spot lots of old houses for the wife (she's an architecture nut) and lots of good golf for me !! :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

We used to go every year but missed a few (hate having to bring my passport) but we were talking about starting back again !

slabghost":68bgqziy said:
Ken L.":68bgqziy said:

Ken L.
I can meet you at that rest area at 1-ish.. Will you be on the CB, and if so, what channel? We use channel one when we do our Chapter rides.

KYWinger":26335u7l said:
I can meet you at that rest area at 1-ish.. Will you be on the CB, and if so, what channel? We use channel one when we do our Chapter rides.

I get off at 1:00 and it will take me 20 to 30 minutes to get there. I do have a "CB" and OK on channel 1.
I hope that's not to late for everyone else?

Ken L.

Since there are no plans at Columbus Ohio --

How does meeting at the IHOP (International House of Pancakes)at exit 112B off of I-70 sound?

The address is 2413 Taylor Square Dr. Reynoldsburg Ohio. It is just North of the interesection.
This is east of Columbus just outside the ourterbelt of I-270.

I estimate you would be there around 9-9:30am.
Let us know if this works or any other place you want to meet.

Latest posts