couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4UwyAePN34[/video]

ok i seem to have come to the right thread now ....today i switch the 160 air bleed ...to 220 air bleed ...gas still 105 ...idle jet 60 this is all primary .... secondary is 50 idle jet ...160 air bleed ...95 gas jet not that this barrel even was at work at all ....there at the end of video i was running out of gas

yep i got a feeling when i get this all back together this bike is going to torch some other bikes ....there is so much power to had over the stock induction system it totally amazes me what these motors can do ....i sure am glad i close my ears to all the negativity ...and ended up where i am at ...monsterwings from the doghouse shop

today i am going to maybe trim the stump down the bike is setting on...so i can mount some pipes with muffs on to....the ones that we are wanting to use on this bike ....

ive got one statement here to say ...one of the first things i did was getting rid of the anti dieseling device ....it is no more than a better explain electric soleniod fuel shut off very low on the carb for the idle circuit ... i will never take this off again ...and think it is highly valuable to have on any dft set up ....two of the things i have learn is 1 never take that spring off the linkage for better throttle pull that is pushed ok to ...its not it puts slight free play in secondary throttle plate and solenoid fuel shut off ...especially on a boxer motor where fuel can leak into cylinders.....just some thoughts where i can see my dumbness at taking this off made no sense except it made it easy to adjust the carb ...i am going to see about replacing them ...in my case i think i screwed mine up ...hmmmm wonder if they can be bought :thanks:

ok video with muffs ...seem to have a leak ...seems they did also on hooch for awhile when they were on it ...
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qM008v-ng&feature=youtu.be[/video]
with the choke plates gone its very easy for me to see what the carb is doing ... so i think i can go rather far in the jetting process ... it is falling on its face when the secondary tries to come in ... i was expecting that and will be getting out jet drills now and move along here in the jetting ... i should be able to get the secondary to just crack the revvs when the jetting gets further along .. primary is doing rather well .. i will be checking plugs there in just a bit and see if it looks like a move needs to be done ... :thanks:

it was rather cold dan with the radiator spewing some of the time as soon as got it to run on its own witch was only a minute or so i did the video ...its about 40 degrees here also when it warm it seems not to do that ... i should have mention that ...also the few back firng you here is the secondary trying to kick in ...but its way to lean at the moment

as for idle speed i have no clue ... but it is low ...you made the same comment when these pipes were on hooch they seem to make sound faster than it is ... and i wasnt going to try and set anything when it was cold anyway

oh my i have got the secondary working good ... this thing cracks to 10,000 rpm instantly like a dragster motor ... but also developed a leak problem at the gas feed end ....it will be a carb top off deal ...i am going to study the carb top tonight ... these webers have quite a bit of there own useless crap plumbing going on ....

but i am amazed how quickly this motor revs over the previous vids in this thread ... but before i could take a vid the leak started ....and had to shut it down ... and basically done for the day now ....i am very pleased ... when get a motor to run like i did you just cant get the grin off your face even though it devolope a leak ..... :thanks:

60 idle.... gas 95 ...and 160 air ... i am not real sure about the 95 gas jet ...let me get back on that ..i have done a lot of drilling and its possible its been drilled brian i will check for sure tomorrow ... it was the going to 60 idle jet in secondary that totally got things going .. i was going to check the gas jet ..but it was getting late in the day and i didnt ... very likely its been drilled

Sounds as if it's moving along very nicely.Should be ready for spring,& next summer,would like to switch all my 1200's,to more readily available parts,three rebuild kits to do three bikes instead of being one short,sounds great to me.Learned long time ago to use as many auto parts as you can, & adapt as many as you can,available every where & less cash.

thanks neil and tom ..i try very hard to get this old school set up to work at its max ..been busy all day with a mod that is seems to be really paying off ... i am so glad i went here :thanks: