dressing the rear end finaly

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well ive never bought anything on ebay before but ive plunged into it today by ordering a trunk and saddlebags. im not the kind of guy that buys things i cant see in hand but its new stuff

the trunk is like ~O~ mans got on his bike and hard saddle bags abs plastic like the trunk and like the vetter faring i have so it sould all match. the color is gloss black

this is a huge step for my modified dresser ive got going on :mrgreen: :grin: :music: :cool!: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So Joe, does that make it a GL1059 now with new bags? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Good luck with them and post pics! I have bought a lot from ebay and it can be buyer beware. :mrgreen:

thanks guys you sould have seen me trying to operate ebay i think it was like watching maple surip flow from the tree

i thought id wait and see how things work out before mentioning the seller

joedrum":1ftsqttg said:
thanks guys you sould have seen me trying to operate ebay i think it was like watching maple surip flow from the tree

i thought id wait and see how things work out before mentioning the seller

most of this is thanks to ebay
image.php

i just got my trunk and saddlebags from ups :grin:

th trunk was only 50$ plus 30$ shipping bags were 70$ plus 30$ shipping

there is some mold marks and stuff but i kinda expected that for the price which was about have of what others were so im very pleased if it wasnt for these being availible i would have nothing ive got so many things going on that even this was all i could do.

the trunk is great except for the rose printed button on the lid. this is not going to be a problem if you know what i mean time to pic a rose

the bags are probably to small with some ripples in the finish. but a whole lot bigger than the ones i got now the bags i realy wanted cost more than the bags and trunk together and then some some

all in all im very pleased with my frist e bay deal i will post some pics later im realy busy outside on the doghouse right now :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Good deal Joe, can't wait for pics! :clapping:

(You know that you are behind on the doghouse pics) :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

yes gerry im behine in every category i can think of this spring the yard the garden the greenhouse the dog house my bike my work posting pics and the list gose on

but on the good side i went to ohio yesterday and met nakedtob hes a country boy just like me and it was a plesure talking with him .....

he set me up with a full set of vetter bags and trunk for the mongruel 1050 and also rear passenger boards

so now ive got all kinds of stuff to finish dressing the mongruel ...ive got lots to do ...

again iwant to thank nakedtob,~O~man and hoosier daddy for helping me in getting all the parts together

the work begines

joedrum":er9ckso1 said:
yes gerry im behine in every category i can think of this spring the yard the garden the greenhouse the dog house my bike my work posting pics and the list gose on...
LOL. Add some categories, like putting money back of summer vacation...well, I know how you feel, Joe.
Still, I managed to find an affordable, fully-dressed 'Wing, so I'm anxious to see your 'put-together' version. I might just be getting ambitious in my old(er) age :lol:

Allllllrighty then , I've been so busy I hadn't been on here much , and hadn't read this , Congrats Joe. I know it's gonna look good , I used to buy stuff off Ebay all the time ..... can't wait to see the Pictures. :music:

OK MY TURN TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!SEEMS LIKE MY ROAD WHICH IS A SHOCK TEST PROVING GROUND BROKE ON E OF MONTS I HAD MY FAIRING HOOK TO :head bang: :head bang: NOT ONLY THAT BECAUSE I NEVER PUT ANYTHING TOGETHER LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TO THE VETTER LOWERS ARE NOT HOOKING UP IN A WAY THAT GIVES ME GOOD ACCESS TO THE HIWAY PEGS IM NOT TO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!! :head bang: :head bang: :nea: SO IM GOING TO HAVE TO RAISE THE FAIRING SOME , WELD IN SOME TOUGHER MONTS AND MOVE IT FORWARD A LITTLE :( :eek: :shock: :mad: :cheeky: :Awe: :cheeky:

THE WAY I MONTED IT I RAISED THE SPEEDO AND TACK AND TUCKED THE FAIRING UNDER THE SPEEDO AND TACK TO GET THE WINDSHEILD AS CLOSET TO ME AS POSSIBLE AND BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE LOWERS AT THE TIME I MADE MONTS THAT WOULDNT SHOW , IF YOU LOOK AT MY SIGNITURE YOU CAN SEE THAT HEADLIGHT IS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE FORKS AS COMPAIRED TO OTHERS MONTED RIGHT ,I LIKE THE WAY THIS WORKED BUT ITS A PROBLEM NOW :head bang:

on the good side ive got the vetter bags monted and not far from done :yahoo: :mrgreen: im very happy with how this is set up and works the bags are removable easy and the hardware dosnt look out of place when bags are off ....i like the way there made to cover my rusty air shocks and go all the way back to the rear lights theres good room inside the bags and the lids open from the side and they have a key operation and i got one this a good plus ...i couldnt be any more pleased :good: :yes:

the exhast is going to be extended so it will go all the way back to the end of the trailer hitch when i made the exhast it was a totaly stock naked 79 wing and i thought the short er exhast looked good on the naked wing but now its about in the middle of the vetter bags ....this will be no big deal with the way my exhast is set up....

andyb bike inspired new thoughts about what im going to try and do ....the way i monted the fairing before there were just 2 bolts to take out and it came off right down to the forks ...this time im going to try slide in slot from the front to mont the fairing and slide off just as easy ....do my speedo and tack up nice and rig up a naked look light to go when i want ....the bike has pretty good line and look to it with the fairing off and bags and trunk on :good: :eek:k:

the trunk ive got on there is an after market trunk like ~O~ trunk and i like it a lot ....i have the vetter trunk but for now im staying with the ~O~trunk

i wish two fork legs from an 80 or 81 1100 with new progressive springs and a fork brace would jus t fall out of the sky in my yard..... :mrgreen:

tires would be nice to with the forks :mrgreen: im going to try 130 /90-18 on the front and i would like to try 160 or 150 80 16 in the back ...this will take some further modifing on the swingarm ....but imight just go with 140 90 16 just so i can keep the work load down aqnd get riding....

if anybody got some old progressive springs out there let me know ineed seals and bushing to fork brace that will fit 80 81 forks....this is wishful thinking but you never know ...the only thing i know is i dont have much money :smilie_happy:

Poor Joe! :head bang: I always thought that fairing was a little low. Oh yeah...teh "~O~trunk!" :smilie_happy: Hey Joe, vegaswingnut and I are hittin the boneyards tomorrow, if I come across a fork brace it's yours buddy.

edit - Joe get a set of matched tires, don't try to improve on the engineering. I had two widely different sized tires and cornering sucked. Now with my matched 404's old girlfriend handles super fine.

~O~

im proably not just some grandious thinking when your wallet is as thin as mine is right now but the dunlops are out of the budgit to right now ...its proably duro,kendras,sinko, or irc something cheap so i can get riding ....the glitter program is going to be late fall or winter. i left a lot of things below par when i did all the mods last summer .....basicly fit cut and match all the junkyard stuff together and got it working as cheaply as i could the money got thin at the end and i needed to get home from fla. id been there most of the time for two yrs 120 90 18 and 140 90 16 which is right for the bike will save me a lot

nothing like recycling the cycle :mrgreen: sounds real green to me ...but im not sure uncle obama will approve of your frorm of green energy and recycleing :smilie_happy: who cares what he thinks :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

tory going to be jelous on that left side dipstick hes been looking for one of those for awhile to put on his hack :shock: :eek: the way this last week went for him this might put him over the edge :fiddle: :crying: :headscratch: :swoon: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just joking tory :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

thats some find ive never even seen one ...good day for you ~O~and thanks for looking :thank_you:

:mrgreen: :shock: :sensored: :sensored: :head bang: :Awe: :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:
:beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:

@$%#@%$# %$## ^&%$V %$#@ ^#W *&^# &^$&^%(* ^&% *&@#$%^&%# :swoon:

Joe I have a Kenda Kruz on the front of my 83 1100A and it's coming off Friday. IMO they are not good tires for bikes of this weight. I am putting a dunlop 404 on. If I was in the states I would say you could have this kenda when I take it off but the shipping to send it to you would be ridiculous