Exhaust valve needed

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godservant007

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for a couple 1100 exhaust valves? My local source has dried up and I am not wanting to drop a hundred and 40 bucks on 2 valves.

Try partsnmore.com they list them as 80-82 for $22. I remember this being discussed a while back and I think we figured the 80-82 will work in an 83. The 83 intake valve had a flat face, whereas the earlier models had a dished face. Maybe someone else will back me up before you buy.

Seems like all intake and exhaust valves are the same from 1975 gl1000 to the 83 1100.
Don't take this as fact, I'd have to verify.

But anyway, I have a couple good used valves if you want them for shipping.

The only difference is the collets. Bought two from honda last year and they were cupped like the 1000.Checked parts and more they are out of stock.
Im good with used valves :yes:

To clarify i think there are 3 different colletes. The 83 aspencade had one unique to its self, with the right Collete they will work in any head. But aftermarkets like the k&Ls will work with all of them. You just have to make sure they lock good.

Also Just a heads up, I ordered a set of dayton belts from a reputable aftermarket dealer last fall. I have bought the daytons from them in the past. When I got these belts they were a Chinese brand belt, I called the supplier and they said they were personally using this brand and had good service with them and were no longer able to get the daytons. (should have sent them back and bought a set of gates). 5430 miles they both broke at the same time ( I am sure one got under the other after it broke. But the on that broke first showed no sign of wear and did not break on a diagonal, it broke straight across shearing the radial fibers, it was just over stressed. Alot of Junk out there now! Got a first quality, non blemished set of gates belts on the way, lesson learned.

A hard lesson. We are all now at the mercy of part suppliers and manufactures.

There was a day when made in Japan was not a good deal, but now thats where the quality is. I rebuild several sets of forks and shocks a year and the only seals and bushings that hold up are the K&L that are still made in japan. I spent extra money to buy a OEM set for a valk I was working on (owner requested) Just as soon as riding season was over he brought it back to change them, Both seeped from day one. They were farmed out to a Chinese manufacture.

The search is ending, after a few minutes of decarbonizing my heads, I found a crack through the seat into the boss, gonna have to have a complete head.

godservant007":3r5l1fqj said:
The search is ending, after a few minutes of decarbonizing my heads, I found a crack through the seat into the boss, gonna have to have a complete head.
I'm sure someone here or on ebay has a set of heads for a good price. FYI 1000 heads will fit too. 75-77 cams will liven up the motor like race cams.

Read that some one used the early 1000 cams but I have not researched why.My buddy has right and left assemblies off of a 76 setting on his shelf.

oh man ...your set ...what do you want to know ...ive got a bike done like this ....basicly they are more aggressive cam design and the 1100 motor seem to really respond to them ...they are big boost in performance

well yes and no lol, 1000 heads were placed next too the dual webber intakes waiting for new shop to be finished and a 1100 cafe project to begin (right after cb650 is finished and cx650 is done if I can find a good frame) :cool: Picking up a 83 aspy head Wednesday for this one.

Let us know how that dual weber set up works for you. I tried a single once so far. I wasn't impressed and put the old carbs back on.

Buddy of mine has tried both, he has the same thoughts of the single. But jetted right he says the webbers come alive mid throttle up...... Thats where they say the early cams higher lift and longer duration comes in. Wont be a cross country combination, but ought to make the trip to the store interesting. :cool:

im in the camp....that bang per dollar webers are way to costly and the gain is minimal over stock ...if as much attention to stocks carbs in tweaking and jets was done to them I see nothing in gain ...but this opinion as I don't know cant play the weber game to much funds involved for me ...ive talked to a lot of guys that have them ...one has 1800 also and says his weber 1000 wont keep up with 1800 ...then it cant be that great ...ive put things together that run every bit as fast as 1800 and hooch I think will stomp an 1800 or just about anything im thinking to early on for me to say that ...its looking that way though ....

but the webers are cool if I had a set id sure try them ...im curious to how it comes out ...and will help the best we can hear to get them right ....

Latest posts