False Tank idea

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
Hi fella's, I gotta idea and I wanted to share it with you...to remove the false tank you must remove the seat, I don't want to, it takes too long, how about if a guy cut a slot below the two bolts that hold the tank in place, so that the false tank cover can slide forward after loosening the bolts up, you can get to them pretty easy but its kinda hard to remove them in that location, but I bet the false tank would slide right out forward and right back in without taking the seat off..I'm going to try it, it's worth a try to me, I shall report my findings.. My seat sits back all the way anyhow..Wouldn't that be something if it works...

Maybe knobs on the two bolts for easy removal...Heyyyy knobs for all four bolts that hold the false tank on for quick removal..yeh... :smilie_happy:

Actually Dan when I belonged to my old friend John " Gadget" Lawrence's site for his kawasaki Nomad he had plastic knobs in the saddlebags for quick removal, I came along and made wooden knobs of 1/2" ply. you can have those bags off in a snap using those...He also had knobs for the seat bolts...this idea is nothing new, but it would be in the false tank area, that would be new I bet..So I will stake my claim on it...ha ha

I leave the front bolts out of the shelter by Joe's recommendation and that has worked out well. for awhile, I was in and out of there daily and I just left the seat bolts out as well and that was no problem. I use the seat all the way back and it was contained by the top trunk. I could ride that way with no problems. The trick I found was that I could pop the seat backwards and it would deform just enough against the trunk that I could lift it from the shelter and off. the two bolts on the rear of the shelter was all that was left.

Without the two bolts fastened on the front of the false tank doesn't the tank rattle around a bit...I was thinking of just being able to reach in and turn the knobs to loosen it and take them out..

wow all this time I have these bolts in and the false tank fastened by all four bolts..ha ha :shock: :shock: :doh: :hihihi:

I bet I know how Joe figured this out ha ha, he forgot to install them one day,,, ha ha .....Just funning ya Joe, that's all....Gary, Joe thanks fella's...That might save me some time now..Hello....Custom man..Custom

Latest posts