Flasher Problems Now!!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz

Reaction score
This bike is making me nuts! I have flasher problems now. I have replaced the flasher relay because the front and back would not flash. Now the back only flash. I have checked everything but the bulbs. How could just the front bulbs go bad? Thanks Buzz

it sounds like a ground problem .....if i remember right the theres a ground that hooks up on horn brackit ...but i might be wrong ....that was on a 79 1000 .....there is also a ground connection inside the headligh buckit....

those sockets are also 30 years old if stock. Could be bad ground the front lights do share a single ground. If memory serves it is black and inside the headlight bucket.I'd check the bulbs and sockets first.

If not the bulbs or light sockets or ground. The switch may need cleaning but that should affect one side or the other.

A bad ground could also cause the flasher to burn out....sounds like a ground issue to me too....

I'm having problems with mine also but it blows the fuse every once in a while. Could it be ground also. Medcoman

medcoman":1mnjpqt9 said:
I'm having problems with mine also but it blows the fuse every once in a while. Could it be ground also. Medcoman

Blowing the fuse is a tell tale sign of a shorting wire to ground, unless you have added lights causing an overload.
I've had bulb sockets break apart down inside and short also.

I had added turn signals to my after market bags and it seemed to work ok. One day I went to use them and won't work. I found the fuse blown.

dan filipi":273oznu0 said:
medcoman":273oznu0 said:

Blowing the fuse is a tell tale sign of a shorting wire to ground, unless you have added lights causing an overload.
I've had bulb sockets break apart down inside and short also.

I agree with Dan, shorting wire to ground or overloading the circuit causes this problem. And almost the number 1 thing in a low voltage
system is going to be a bad ground in the system.

Had flasher problem the other day here too.........and is wasn't intermittent.But it went away as they came.suspected it was a ground problem or loose wire connections :headscratch: took pic. to ilustrate the problem.

Attachments

• naked_bike.jpg
    naked_bike.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts