Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame work .

image.php

thanks guys , yeah ... there has been a LOT of Mechine work on this build . thats what has took so long . Now we're getting into the Frame build , and most of the Mechine work is finished .

:smilie_happy: Yeah......might mount the Teardrop on the back....... :smilie_happy: But no the truth is I went up to the Honda shop way back there when I first started planning this Trike build . the Average Trike NEW today at the Dealership was like 57" O/S to O/S of the rear tires . and your right this one looks wide right now because there is no fenders or anything to cover it up . But with these little Subaru stock 13" wheels and tires on it , it's the same , 57" O/S to O/S , I WANTED to use the old 50 year old ET Mags on this Trike , BUT ... we had to add 7 & 1/2 " to the left side Axle to make the Driveshaft run straight . so NOW it Would be too wide .. this little rear is out of a 1977 4/4 wagon . and they was a Small car , when it was still in the car , laying on it's top , No Weight on the wheels it was about 48" O/S to O/S . ... and most if not all Goldwing Trikes I had seen have rear wheels that are set IN as far as they can . and at this point , I'm not really sure what kind of wheels I'm gonna use . I can make adapters and put any kind on it .

Your right Joe , I forget the exact numbers , but seems like it's about a 1/2 of ONE turn , slower than the Goldwing wheel... so the right size 14" car tire should about make that back up .

Thanks Carl . we are building some on the Frame . then I'm gonna make some wheel adapters , to put a pair of 5 lug , 50 year old ET Mags , on that 4 lug Subaru Rear .