Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a side shot .

image.php

hey there Joe...... yeah all the Frame is finished, and now the wheels and tires are on it .......right now it would backup if I had the Starter wired in .... and it would go forwards right now for sure. we're gonna take it off the Jack Stands today .... then It'll be time to build the fenders and stuff..........the FUN Parts. :smilie_happy:

Better check on a rheostat to control that back up drive. Not sure but you might need a small car battery just for the amps that reverse will draw.

I was thinkin when the starter kicks in it might be pretty intense.
There should be some kind of slow start control could be wired in. Maybe one of those lift gate controls?
Not sure how the throwout would be affected though.

no ain't Tryed it yet ... don't have any Brakes on the back yet , we are leaving on a 5 Day Camping Trip Thur.... been kinda rushed . ohhhhhhh... and the Reverse Starter is another thing . we are gonna use full Battery Power to the Starter , BUT , cut the Field wires and run them through a Resister , and cut the voltage in 1/2 or even a 1/4 if need be . that way it's still running on full voltage , my buddy figured the starter speed divided into the flywheel . would make it run about 9 mph. now this is figured through numbers ( ONLY ) . . . . . . . BUT if we cut it in Half...... 4 & 1/2 MPH ....... so.....soon as I get back off the Camping trip , I'm gonna put all new Brake Shoes , Wheel Cylenders , and a NewMaster Cylender on it ... and check it out . . get it out in the Yard where I got plenty of room........ and let er' Rip. :moped:

Thanks Joe , we leave Thur. morning . . be home Sun. night . even Goldwing riders need a break now and then . :music2:

I just started the Goldwing a couple nights ago , first time since last fall .... rolled it out of the Gaage , and rode it back in ... still like a little on the Rear Brakes , and this Seat is Only sitting on it ..... but..... getting close . as you can see on the rear tires..... I spinned a couple of holes in the ground. . . . :smilie_happy:

image.php

I got a crack in a brake line fitting , sooooo got to get another one . soon as I get the Rear Brakes finished I'm takin in out for a short test ride , I still don't have wires run to the Reverse starter , but thats one of the next things I'm gonna do after I get these Brakes finished ...... :builder:

sledge":pclzs06z said:
I just started the Goldwing a couple nights ago , first time since last fall .... rolled it out of the Gaage , and rode it back in ... still like a little on the Rear Brakes , and this Seat is Only sitting on it ..... but..... getting close . as you can see on the rear tires..... I spinned a couple of holes in the ground. . . . :smilie_happy:

image.php
Great job sledge,looking awesome.Nice to log in and see your progress. :good: :good:

Thanks Carl ....... Brakes are Finished , and working good ... I had to make the Pedal Longer , stops good now . :Egyptian:

image.php

Latest posts