GL 1200 1986 two cylinders not firing and tachometer not working

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1986 GL 1200 interstate
Last year I was riding my GL 1200 and it cut out. I let it set for a while. Then it started ran for a while then quit this happened about five or six times. Each duration was shorter and shorter. I’ve replaced the coils with no success, I have bench test them, they are good this side of the coil block. I’m assuming it runs the tachometer. I switched from one coil to the other and it ran onto cylinders. Which led me to believe the pulse generator is bad one shows continuity, and the other shows open can anybody help me Thank you
IMG_7201.jpeg

Last year I was riding my GL 1200 and it cut out. I let it set for a while. Then it started ran for a while then quit this happened about five or six times. Each duration was shorter and shorter. I’ve replaced the coils with no success, I have bench test them, they are good this side of the coil block. I’m assuming it runs the tachometer. I switched from one coil to the other and it ran onto cylinders. Which led me to believe the pulse generator is bad one shows continuity, and the other shows open can anybody help me Thank you View attachment 50432

I think you have the answer, but I'm not positive....