Gl 1200 Adventure bike, with sidecar

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would look at the Urals ideas and try and run 17" wheels as they are the most common in sports bikes etc and u could use a late model front end with good brakes. I know it defeats you car tire idea but I feel like the Urals skinnier would be better imho.

seems to me after quickly thinking about 15" front tire ...would be a 1100 forked comstar hub modded to 15 wheel .... that wanting a lot ...but i will say there would be no problem with that set up at all ... and very sound thinking ...for outcome

I have been able to work on the sidecar some this week, go back to the doctor tomorrow but feel a little better for now.
The Top Rear mount had to be moved forward from above the rear wheel to above the fuel tank and the bottom front mount had to be moved from under the # 1 cylinder to the bottom of the front frame down tube to move the whole side car forward and get the geometry of the tubes right. It is best to have the top tubes as high as possible on the bike frame and pointed towards the center in a triangular pattern but not to a point. The bottom mounts should be at right angles to the bike. The 8 inch wheel is being used as a mock up wheel only, the actual adjustment and setup after mount placement will be with proper wheel in place.
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Thanks joe and V, felt good to get back out in the shop and turn a few wrenches, the backs not use to it but what the hell, it still felt good working on Trailer Trash, I think she's been missing me.

Great job Mike, good to hear that you are back to bending spanners ( wrenches) :good: :salute:

toytender01":3as6w21t said:
Just info for the hell of it...... there is a sidecar just wasting away in central eastern Oregon. Was mounted on an 80's 1100. could be picked up fairly cheap I think.
Where abouts in central Oregon? Is it on Craig's list? I don't have money now, but tax time is coming...

Yep, give them half a chance, they like that medicare money. lol. Got to get that lower mount fabricated then will get to work fabricating the Ural style adventure tub for it.

Lower rear sidecar mount off rear motor mount didn't work out, just not enough room with the exhaust in the way so alternate plan B, built a mount to come off the right peg, I think it will work nice. I built some adjustibility into it just in case. It clears the exhaust on the lower side and does not interfere with the brake at all.
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 555

Latest posts