Guests

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm anyone ever notice that sometimes we have hundreds of guests at times ..at this moment I posted this we have 368 guest ...something is very interested in us for some reason

Dan can s'plain it better, but it has to do with how many bots are active at any given time. The "Guest" listing is not necessarily actual people...the majority of what is showing is bots...other computers searching the site...like Google, and such.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215284#p215284:3tokyg3u said:
AApple » Today, 6:13 pm[/url]":3tokyg3u]
Dan can s'plain it better, but it has to do with how many bots are active at any given time. The "Guest" listing is not necessarily actual people...the majority of what is showing is bots...other computers searching the site...like Google, and such.
That is what I understand.

From a trusted source..

Most website visitors aren’t humans, but are instead bots—or, programs built to do automated tasks. They are the worker bees of the internet, and also the henchmen. Some bots help refresh your Facebook feed or figure out how to rank Google search results; other bots impersonate humans and carry out devastating DDoS attacks.

Overall, bots—good and bad—are responsible for 52 percent of web traffic.

If you want to learn more, search something like what are internet bots. Lots of results.

Hmmm well they are certainly working here ...good I doubt it ...bad most likely .... our forum is very special as things go ..no crappy sponsors and advertising that ruins the the experience of getting info here ..we’re all self contained ...most forums are horrible to get on as pop ups and stuff are hard to deal with when looking for info waiting for all the crap to load and then delete...

We tried out a service here a few years back called Cloudflare. Cloudflare includes a firewall of sorts that blocks known nasties from browsing the site.
I turned that service back on today so we'll see what happens with the guest count. Just 8 guests right now.

Well I the light of real truth news and other sites of alternative news sites ..ithere is something that is wiping them out of existence...in the last few days at least 4 totally gone ...and there are people missing also ....I’m not suggesting this is like site eating robots ...but it could be LOL...I FOR SURE notice good info pages are I’ve used in the past are gone completely ...

I wonder if any of them are Fembots? I bet Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers would know.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215317#p215317:11ojb8cx said:
GTC@MSAC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:26 pm[/url]":11ojb8cx]
I wonder if any of them are Fembots? I bet Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers would know.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts