Head Gasket

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewulf666

Reaction score
Bike is overheating and there's coolant in the head of the 3rd cylinder. I'm in Whiting Iowa. Luckily that's where I was headed for a job but it's ending in a couple of weeks and my options are limited. Can I make it the 7 hour trip to Chicago from here if I stop a lot and refill the coolant or will I almost definitely warp my head before I get there? Can I get away with just doing the one side that's messed up? Thanks everybody. I may not be able to respond for a few days because of work.

you cant make it ...the cooling system has no way of fighting the pressure of combustion ...this is no option in my opinion ...sorry but why destroy it ...it fixable now probably

Just wondering how you know there's coolant in #3.
You don't mean you can see coolant on the outside do you? In which case that would be an external leak, maybe from the coolant crossover tube.

But yeah agree, if it is in fact a blown head gasket don't run it. It will get worse and likely do damage that is repairable now.

Latest posts