Heads Up

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greed Just plain and simple greed. And I guess the economy has some bearing too people aren't willing to pay or can't . So I guess parting brings more of a profit . GREED :cry:

stratocat":19k1k7x3 said:
THats a cryin same. But check out the sellers other items. Theres somme nice parts, even a dipstick.

Yes I have seen them ! I am almost ashamed to say that I have bought from this guy. He always finds bikes in perfect condition and parts them out. What's the world coming to BARN finds are supposed to be restored not destroyed . :Awe:

That is a shame :crying:
That bike is to nice for parting out. :sensored: maybe from the sacrifice of this bike some others may live.
I did buy a rack from him when I first got my bike, and He's in Hesperia which is right next to my town.

Well like I said I have bought parts for my 1200 LTD from this guy, he has dismantled two low milage 85 LTDs this year alone and I almost felt guilty because the bikes were like barn finds. The one bike was from a guy that appearently had died from cancer and that was his baby the seller disclaimed ! But I came to the realization that some must die so other can live. Mine is going to live as long I live and own it :razz:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
That's crap! Guy should have listed the bike for sale instead of parting it out, imo. Yeah, he'll make more $$$ selling it a piece at a time, but daaaaang....that's just WRONG! :nea: :head bang:

If they only parted the rat bikes, the only parts you could buy would would be rat parts, and if you have a bike in pristine condition you don't want to down grade it with junk, so I am glad to see some parts worth buying. They have sold over 5 million Goldwings so far so there are plenty to go around.

fastmover83":sclm1kk4 said:
If they only parted the rat bikes, the only parts you could buy would would be rat parts, and if you have a bike in pristine condition you don't want to down grade it with junk, so I am glad to see some parts worth buying. They have sold over 5 million Goldwings so far so there are plenty to go around.

:grin: Well how about parting your bike out and buy a rat bike and buy your own parts back !
:yahoo:

I love original old bikes. The two under the carport right now are from 1982 and '83, and sport original paint and accoutrements.
That said, I firmly believe there's no right or wrong here. Motorcycles are inanimate objects, and owners can do with them what they will. Are you going to let anyone else contol YOUR private property?
Do I hate to see a fine motorcycle torn apart? Sure.
Is there any moral imperative here? Nope.
It may be that this is this guy's business -- what he does for a living? I'd think both social democrats and capitalists would applaud this seller: he's spreading this bike's wealth around AND likely making a profit doing it.
Don't worry, I'm used to being the 'odd' thinker. Just sayin'...

Sure he can do whatever he want's with his property but whenever I see something like this I have to wonder if it's a stolen bike. I haven't looked at everything he sells, does he also sell the frame?

Oh man that one was in such nice shape... Too bad it had to be stripped, That one would have been worth rebuilding the engine if thats what was needed to get her on the road, How much do you want to bet that all she needed to get back on the road was the carbs rebuilt

Good point Dan, Didnt think that it might of been stolen

When I bought mine, the next prospective buyer was a dismantle r, So I saved at least one! It is a shame however if someone was ambitious and wealthy enough they could buy all the parts and re-assemble, that would be a cool project !