Hello from Indy!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Hand

Reaction score
Hello to everyone here. I bought an '81 Naked GL1100 last weekend with a starting issue. Found this site and it was very helpful so I figured I'd join to say thanks.

I've been riding for a few years now, starting out with a little Kawasaki KZ400 twin. I picked up a '79 Yamaha XS650 and put a weld on hard tail on it. It's still in the works... I also have a beutiful mostly stock XS650 that I'm having some issues with running right. The weathers been very warm here for awhile and it was killin me to not be on two wheels! So, I found this Godwing and picked it up fairly reasonably. Got it running the other night, now I just need to get plates for it and put some miles on it.

I'll try to put some pics up soon. It needs a good scrubbing and it'll look a lot better!

Thanks for the site and all the good info I've found. I'm sure I'll learn a bunch more as I go.

Doug K

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Slow Hand!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

welcome to classic ....we are rather close ...i live on patoka lake south of French LIck ....we sould hook up this season when you get all ready ....great to hear you got the oldwing going .....april 7th im meeting some oldwing wingnuts in nashville IN at an old gas station with eating and dining on a small scale ...theres actualy i think two people coming from indy i think ....come august theres going to to be a classic goldwing meet and greet at my place also .....

Latest posts