Hey all!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm OSC, aka Jack from Oldschoolcarbs, and pleased to be a new member.

I had a long chat with Seth yesterday---it's always a pleasure to talk to someone who really knows his stuff.

If anyone has carburetor related questions, fire away.

OSC

Welcome to the forum's Jack.

I looked around your website and watched Jay Leno's video on the CBX.
What a cool dude he is.
I was out riding in the canyon's once with my son. We pulled to the side for a break and Jay stopped to make sure we were ok. That was neat!

Anyway, it would be nice to hear more about what you do like do you supply carb parts or only refurbish racks sent to you?
Do you deal in any other products?

Welcome aboard. How long have you been in business? Are you bike specific or carbs of all makes? :headscratch:

Thanks everyone for the warm fuzzies!

I've been at it in the current incarnation of oldschoolcarbs for going on two years + but for years prior I was oldhondaguy and before that hondaman, which was craigslist centered.

I started out restoring Honda V4's and Inline fours as a hobby. Had a set of K0 carbs left over from a trade, prettied them up and got a record price on ebay. The die was cast. (Aw, let's face it I'm an overweight lazy bearded bastard and there's no heavy lifting with carbs.)

I've done them all---linkert, dell orto, amal, hitachi, edelbrock, stromberg, holley, etc. So the answer is yes, if you have a vintage car I'm here for you. Actually Jay called last week with the same question so perhaps we'll make inroads there if/when opportunity knocks.

I don't compete with Randakk on parts beyond letting it be known that if all you need are orings I keep them on hand in sufficient quantities that a sase will get you enough for the jets and float valves, gratis. For a full DIY restore, I highly recommend his kits.

Regards,

OSC

cool and not fat headed ....just lazy ...ill take lazy over fat headed anyday ....just joking here ....great to have you hear ...you will bring a lot to the table of input :mrgreen:

Welcome from down under. I enjoyed the visit to your ebay site, some really great looking work. Cheers...

Hi Jack welcome. I dont have any questions now, but I sure will do so if I have any.
If you are lloking for caburator question after change the Wing from Gas to LPG, let me know.

Drive safe

Cees Amsetrdam Holland

Hi guys here the wing running on LPG

Attachments

• hphphp1 (2).jpg
    hphphp1 (2).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 122
  • hphphp2.jpg
    hphphp2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 122
Hi Joe,
Yip every Otto motor will run on LPG, so 2stoke, 4stroke, aircooled, watercooled, wankel, except diesel though!!

I used the LPG for the Wing, the heater and for cooking.

Drive Safe
Cees