higher handlebars

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunfighter60

Reaction score
Some one told me that gl1100 handle bars were high than gl 1000. If that is true can you use them on a gl 1000 or just the cables?

the mongrel 79 1000 ...had 1200 bars on it and they were taller it hink the 1100 are taller than 1000 but not much ....the turn back on the grips is why i like the 1200 bars :mrgreen:

Had some mini apes on this bike.On long rides put my hands to sleep.

Attachments

• Harley.jpg
    Harley.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 212
I know we should not bash on this site BUT

Saaaaaaaaaaaaa-zooooooooooooooooo-kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Winger 82":11av4ai8 said:

Whats wrong with zooks! Thats a nice looking bike.

Winger 82":3aqkg0ig said:

Hey! Hey! My first bike was a Suzuki! Never left me on the side of the road, 71 miles per gallon and ran year round in all weather! (Loved that bike!)

Attachments

• 1981 GN400.jpg
    1981 GN400.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 200
All I've got are stock.Chrome,decent shape.How much lower are you wanting?You might be able to use some off a shadow to get lower than stock.But be careful of the angle of the grips.Thats what I didnt like about mine.They would put your hands to sleep within 20 miles.

slabghost":2v8yekye said:
Winger 82":2v8yekye said:

Whats wrong with zooks! Thats a nice looking bike.

Just funnin with you guys that's all ride what ya brung :ahem: :ahem: :ahem:

It's all good. I haven't seen a motorcycle I didn't like. Some were too loud. Others too uncomfortable for me to ride.

I had a Harley.And EVERY time we went somewhere it broke down,or something happened it wouldnt make it home.It made more mile being hauled than rode.That bike hated me.I'd take it the shop,and as long as I was test riding it ran like a new one.But before I got home something else would go wrong.I put a ad to trade for a wing on craigslist.One evening I took my son out for a ride,took us about 3 hrs to get home(10 miles)I was hot.A guy called and said he had a suzuki that was a tourer.He brought it over,and we test rode each others about 20 miles.No problems what so ever.We traded.And he's been riding ever since.The Cavalcade is a nice bike,but it's not a wing.The wing handles better.The cavalcade has a tendency to wobble.It does have alot more power,but it's 1400cc.Bags are bigger,the trunk holds two helmets easy,along with other junk.The bags will hold twice as much.But the bottom line...........IT AINT A WING.The electronics are junk.The lifters have a tendency to rattle,or should I say knock.Sometimes it would sound like a deisel.Other time not a peep.I sold it about 6 months ago.I have owned alot of bikes over the years.If its got two wheels,a big motor,I'll ride it.But nothing I have ever owned compares to a wing.

i second that ...old wings are just great bikes all around ...they have faults as all bikes do ,,,,but in a oldwing i have had great success in dependability with all the power i need....the ability to do lnog trips with ease and comfort :mrgreen:

It is in Fla.A friend of mine get's one almost every year.His bars are 28",I call the Magilla Gorilla bars.

I got myself some nerve damage in my palm's a few years ago from my 81, a trip from KC to Tx. and back no cruise control.. I have recovered, and have made numerous trips sense, so what changes did I make??? I put on ISO grips, and I wear bicyclist gloves with the cushions made into the nerve pressure points in your hand, 15 bucks at walmart, my hand is just fine now even making long runs...my hands never go numb anymore...

Latest posts