higher handlebars

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joedrum":8bjooy2g said:
the mongrel 79 1000 ...had 1200 bars on it and they were taller it hink the 1100 are taller than 1000 but not much ....the turn back on the grips is why i like the 1200 bars :mrgreen:
Had an 86 interstate and never got used to the handlebars :nea: (had the bike for less than a year more or less)In fact "overall" didn't like the rider position at all either :nea: .My 1100 fits me like a glove :music: To each its own of course :good: .

Winger 82":1qm97um4 said:
I know we should not bash on this site BUT

Saaaaaaaaaaaaa-zooooooooooooooooo-kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
If I'm not mistaken that should be a cavalcade & its pretty close looking to a gl1200.I had an urge to buy one once looked at many of them on the net and ended up going to see one in orange county Socal,but up close the bike seemed too big (bet it was confortable for touring long trips thou)but it lacked the all-around town size my gl1100 had.But I did dig the lines of the bike & if only the bike would have been a tad smaller :whistling:

ajclockga":5klirmis said:
Had some mini apes on this bike.On long rides put my hands to sleep.
From girl sitting position they seem too close to her body besides being kinda tall of course.Definitely dont seem confortable from picture point of view.those bars farther away(not much) would have improved a bit I guess :eek:k: .

joedrum":juxchcqz said:
i second that ...old wings are just great bikes all around ...they have faults as all bikes do ,,,,but in a oldwing i have had great success in dependability with all the power i need....the ability to do lnog trips with ease and comfort :mrgreen:
"WELL SAID" Joe thats his story & I'm sticking to it :clapping: .

littlebeaver":21t85lub said:
I got myself some nerve damage in my palm's a few years ago from my 81, a trip from KC to Tx. and back no cruise control.. I have recovered, and have made numerous trips sense, so what changes did I make??? I put on ISO grips, and I wear bicyclist gloves with the cushions made into the nerve pressure points in your hand, 15 bucks at walmart, my hand is just fine now even making long runs...my hands never go numb anymore...

I got nerve damage in my hands from a CR500. Mostly from engine vibration and shock from rocks and roots and such. My hands used to swell up bad to the point I thought we had to cut off my wedding ring. I didn't think it would be an issue on the wing because it is so smooth but I sometimes feel something just beginning to happen in my left hand, although it hasn't been a problem yet. I'm going to try the gloves first to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the heads up.

littlebeaver":13wk9sy9 said:
I got myself some nerve damage in my palm's a few years ago from my 81, a trip from KC to Tx. and back no cruise control.. I have recovered, and have made numerous trips sense, so what changes did I make??? I put on ISO grips, and I wear bicyclist gloves with the cushions made into the nerve pressure points in your hand, 15 bucks at walmart, my hand is just fine now even making long runs...my hands never go numb anymore...
I added the handlebar risers to my '82 and then lowered the handlebars towards me.....man that made a HUGE difference in numb hands. Plus I use a palm throttle device that allows me to not have to grip the throttle to hold it. That also made a huge difference!

mcgovern61":2cnbz6jx said:
littlebeaver":2cnbz6jx said:
I added the handlebar risers to my '82 and then lowered the handlebars towards me.....man that made a HUGE difference in numb hands. Plus I use a palm throttle device that allows me to not have to grip the throttle to hold it. That also made a huge difference!
Your risers, how many inches did you raise it...????thanks

Handlebars 1.JPG
Handlebars 2.JPG

joedrum":2wjatxif said:
i find that the wing is the only bike i can ride long distance and still play drums ...it takes a few to get my hands to react right
I found that my wing fits me like a glove :rocks: know what you mean :rocks:

Somebody needs to build a completely adjustable set of handlebars. Guys like me, with cervical problems in spine could benefit greatly. If out riding I would like to be able to stop and adjust the bars to a more comfortable angle.

Latest posts