Honda Davidson

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the old honda davison.was on ebay :laptop: looking for a cover for the right saddel bag.can you belive thay want up to a $150 for one. :smilie_happy: ill keep looking around,but came across this really nice seat.well i just had to have it.Got some good new today to.talk to a friend today who can really paint,he can put a shine to it with out any clear and for free.just need to pick up the paint and stuff.and i need to get the new gangster fender first.still dint fix the fork seals yet.man just cant fine the time.Oh yah found some cool handle bar risers that will let me put on 1 1/8" bars so i can get chrome hand controls for the new ape hangers.(cant find any chrome hand controls for 7/8 bars)what els oh yah need new tires to.want to get the rims chromed but that will be for this winter or next summer. I wounder whos going to finish there bike frist me or Joe? :smilie_happy:

well seeing how mine is mostly in a plastic water trouf im pretty far behind ......i would have never thought that a starter and hydro clutch lever and slave cylinder was going to shut me down like it has ......its hard for me to put more money in these things than i have in the motor ....in fact i might buy another motor an 85-1200 for the starter it has and hopfuly the slave cylinder as im so confident in this parts mixing that im going to do another .....i realy like the way the 1200s are geared and there is realy no differense in them from 1100 and 1000s except for they are stroked and bored version with heathier clutch.....

anyway scratch your going to win this contest because im not going to get to your bikes appearenses for a long time im going to put it together frist and work any bugs first then go for the glitter later hopfuly this winter scratch ......

so scratch get yours looking real good as i might have to copy it :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: i dont have a very good eye for appearence thing ....we all have our pluses and negitives .....and i cant wait to see where your going on your bike as it looks great al ready..... :cheeky: :eek:k: :good: :mrgreen: :headscratch:

I dont know about that Joe.ever since ive been reading your posts and you told me about the 1000cc heads.its been there in back of my head.I like what your doing with your bike.I dont think i need the taller gear,most of the riding i do is on the back roads and i would like the extra get up and go.be nice to have more HPs. i would like more bottom end power.not a big fan of reving the crap out of it.Time will tell.as well as money.a little bit here and a little bit their is how ive been doing it.shes been a good bike to me and the forks seals leaking is the frist thing i have go wrong with it in the 4 years ive had it.

yeah anit it great how good these bikes so good that you have to make up stuff to do just to work on them :smilie_happy: im pretty confident that the 1200 short block is going to make a lot of lower end torque that the 1000s lacked till they got to about 4000 rpm .......it dosnt seem very smart to tear apart a perfectly good running bike that i was totaly happy with ........but if all this works out the mongruel will be a completely a different bike and will not see itseff in another bike ..... like you said time and money will tell ....lots of unknowns right now and lots to do as for carbs rebilding and such and compression rise ...might have to use premium gas for it to run right ......well see scratch...... :mrgreen:

Yes thay are great bikes.some times i forget its allmost 30 years old.when i ride alone i let a bit of air out and it rides so smooooooth.I hop the 1200 works out for yah.you might be starting a new trend for us guys who want more power.

low riderder buy war, will be the song for my next video :music3: ,I can change the shocks like my budy did on his old wing :headscratch: .droped it i think almost 2"(but i do like my air shocks).he's the one that put my fairing on .he's got 3 wings an aspencan and a 2 interstate and a harley.he is also the one thats been trying to get me to put the harley fairing on .very happy we did it.(tryed for 3 years).he had one on his interstate.but i had a thing for that bates fairing i seen on NGW.looked great on a 1000s(took me 2 years to fine one to :head bang:) but not to good looking on the 1100.I have to check to see how much room i have between the front forks.that fender i want is 4.5"wide.im really hoping it will fit(top 1/4 of the wheel and rim will be up in the fender.That will really make look lowwwwwwwwww :smilie_happy: was also giong to put leather fringes all around the bottem of the light bar and floor bords.seen it done on a few bikes.it really look nice and made it look low as well to :heat: then theres a guy on youtub that made a set of stright pips(4pips coming out the back.i would put fishtails on them .sent him some emails but never replyd) :rocks: wish i could hear it in person and how it would sounds like:doh: and to top it all off :hi: 16" ape hangers :blush: yap thats my wish list for the old girl:sensored: :sensored: :heat: :head bang: :builder: oh ya did i mention :swoon: chrome rims and white walls :nea: :doh: :hihihi: :swoon: looks kinda low now ~O~ maybe it will look like it was slamed

~O~ have you ever been on yahoo goldwing group?have alot of pics there.one day i will figer out this uploading stuff.i went and looked at your pics.I really like your bike.and them bags you have are really cool.the wife wants me to get them. if i dint have a thing for my light bar.I would put them bags you have on mine.

joedrum":4entbz7m said:
well seeing how mine is mostly in a plastic water trouf im pretty far behind ......i would have never thought that a starter and hydro clutch lever and slave cylinder was going to shut me down like it has ......its hard for me to put more money in these things than i have in the motor ....in fact i might buy another motor an 85-1200 for the starter it has and hopfuly the slave cylinder as im so confident in this parts mixing that im going to do another .....i realy like the way the 1200s are geared and there is realy no differense in them from 1100 and 1000s except for they are stroked and bored version with heathier clutch.....

anyway scratch your going to win this contest because im not going to get to your bikes appearenses for a long time im going to put it together frist and work any bugs first then go for the glitter later hopfuly this winter scratch ......

so scratch get yours looking real good as i might have to copy it :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: i dont have a very good eye for appearence thing ....we all have our pluses and negitives .....and i cant wait to see where your going on your bike as it looks great al ready..... :cheeky: :eek:k: :good: :mrgreen: :headscratch:
Hi Joe.hay i forgot to ask you the other day,dose you 1000 have a fairing on it?

well ive got a vetter for it but i might go completely different i dont know .....i like the 1100 honda fairing but i dont have one .....i have an 83 1100 parts bike with title that i might try and find a honda fairing for ...... im just so stop in my tracks with the parts i need .....i hope to get going soon on it......

joedrum":2uuyo43g said:
well ive got a vetter for it but i might go completely different i dont know .....i like the 1100 honda fairing but i dont have one .....i have an 83 1100 parts bike with title that i might try and find a honda fairing for ...... im just so stop in my tracks with the parts i need .....i hope to get going soon on it......
Hop you can fined you parts.the reasion i ask is have you ever seen the red gl1000 on NGW with the bates fairing.really cool looking bike.

scratch99":3azudlv5 said:
was also going to put leather fringes all around the bottom of the light bar and floor boards.seen it done on a few bikes.it really look nice and made it look low as well too :heat:

I've been meaning to go to the swap-meet and see how much 6" fringe for the whole ass-end of my bike would cost. Do you still have that fairing and or windshield?

~O~

Hi ~O~ I will call my friend to see if he still has the fairing.the windsheld i cut down to put on the harley fairing.I can tell you that the old fairing would need alot of work.all the wiring and plugs and light connectors i used on the new fairing.so i can just unplug them when i want to take off the fairing.im thinking it cost you more to try to fix it then getting one off of ebay,strip it all down,a friend took the radio and speekers and side compartments.but he comes across them now and then.i will ask him to keep one for me and let you know.i still have the bates fairing.was going to ask joe if it be some thing he would like for his 1000s.thay look really cool on the 1000s.he also gets the harley fairings to.got mine from him for $250

im not sure what the bates fairing looks like scratch .....but ithink im looking for something different but i dont have a clue what realy .....yea scratch it use to be only me who was picture challege the forum getting bigger and ive got some company.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: i will see if i can find it NGW thanks ...... :mrgreen:

The bates fairing that i have were very popular bake in the day.thay found there way on all kinds of bikes.and were very big in drag bikes.thats were i frist seen them.If you rember thr TV show CHIPs the two cops on bike.it looks alot like that.Im going to try to upload a pic and see if day can help me.