Honda Davidson

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah ive thought about this possibility on my 1100 ....but they seemto be way over priced ..... and dont seem to cover things as good as some less expensive sjeilds....

but in the looks department i like it alot ....enough to consider hard on it.....

My first encounter with a Honda Davidson, circa 1979...

Owner said he finally got what he wanted, a Harley that didn't vibrate. :lol:

Of course he was shunned by the Harley's and had to park with the Honda's. :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• HondaDavidson1979_0001.jpg
    HondaDavidson1979_0001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 297
  • HondaDavidson1979_0002.jpg
    HondaDavidson1979_0002.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 301
:cool!: Nice bike :clapping: but I think if it were mine I'd put a trunk on it, to much open space in the back with those big saddle bags. but as I said at first it is a nice ride.
Winger 82 :hi:

I dont really like the light bar on the back but the Harley fairing looks soo bad ass, Specially with the extra head lights and i like the biker cross mirrors too :mrgreen:

BigAndrew":3sup9gu8 said:
I dont really like the light bar on the back but the Harley fairing looks soo bad ass, Specially with the extra head lights and i like the biker cross mirrors too :mrgreen:

I'm with ya, all those lights and chrome back there look odd.

I'd loose the Interstate bags and go with ~O~ Mans bags and trunk.

picture003my.jpg

I have played Music in Biker Bars where if you rode in on That , one of two things was gonna happen...... Either they would take it as a funny , or Not. And about 2 am ( Closing time ) thats when the real problem would come in. :swoon:

sledge":19nnzevy said:
I have played Music in Biker Bars where if you rode in on That , one of two things was gonna happen...... Either they would take it as a funny , or Not. And about 2 am ( Closing time ) thats when the real problem would come in. :swoon:

Yea i could see some of those hard core Hardley bikers would make fun of a bike that lasts twice as long as theres :mrgreen:

Ohhhhhhhhh yes , your right BigAndrew , but the problem is , there wouldn't be any talking about it , and it Sure wouldn't be a Fair Fight .... My wife went Back to college just a few years ago.... and she met this other middle aged lady doing the same thing , they became close friends, well.......so happens the other lady's husband is a Big Harley Man , spent 20 some years in the service , but anyway ... we have become friends also now ... so one day he rode his Harley out here to our house , and there was another friend of ours here with His Bike.... and Vulcan , Kaw. whatever the new biggest thing they make is... but anyhow when Jim , ( the Harley Guy ) was about to leave he said something about this 350 Honda I have been working on for another friend, and I said Jim ....... have you ever had anybody take one of these little 350's and just run that Harley in the ground ???? he waited a second and said well , No ! I said would you Like To ???? :smilie_happy:

sledge":29hf91h6 said:
Ohhhhhhhhh yes , your right BigAndrew , but the problem is , there wouldn't be any talking about it , and it Sure wouldn't be a Fair Fight .... My wife went Back to college just a few years ago.... and she met this other middle aged lady doing the same thing , they became close friends, well.......so happens the other lady's husband is a Big Harley Man , spent 20 some years in the service , but anyway ... we have become friends also now ... so one day he rode his Harley out here to our house , and there was another friend of ours here with His Bike.... and Vulcan , Kaw. whatever the new biggest thing they make is... but anyhow when Jim , ( the Harley Guy ) was about to leave he said something about this 350 Honda I have been working on for another friend, and I said Jim ....... have you ever had anybody take one of these little 350's and just run that Harley in the ground ???? he waited a second and said well , No ! I said would you Like To ???? :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: You shoulda got that on video :mrgreen:

I agree about the lights in the rear. Without the full fairing in the front, the lights make it look too heavy in the back. It is unbalanced looking to me. But, I really like the look of the fairing. I have been thinking about getting a Memphis Shades fairing with the quick release hardware so I can take it off when I don't need it.

:headscratch: I gotta agree with the consensus on the bling in the rear...too much "stuff" back there, for such an understated front....kinda sorta looks like a three-wheeler from the back. The front is nice enough, tho! :yes:

the more i look at it the less i like it .....HD can keep there stuff....ithink it would look good to just dump the HDsheild .....and a clear sheild put in its place to do the job and still look naked in front ......

I kinda like it. :clapping:

Not my cup of tea,but I definiatly like the individualality of it.Got a style all its own and I respect that mostly reguardless of the owners taste.

Its not the bags or chrome that are not my taste,but rather the H-D look to it.

Those bat wing fairings are not nearly as airodynamically good,or as fuctional as the vetters,but like I said.I like the uniqueness of the whole package.It stands out in a crowd.

Thats a cool bike.looks like mine.LOL,Hay just wanted to say hi and thank you to all for having me.this is a great forum with so many topics and great members.i really injoy it.happy and safe riding to all :thanks:

There's an actual "Honda Davidson" -- or Harley Goldwing, as the builder/dealer calls it -- for sale locally:
https://www.sgcustomcycles.com/HD_GL.htm
It is described thus:
"1983 Harley Goldwing -- 1100cc, unknown miles. This is a 1983 Honda GL which had the entire top part of the frame replaced with a late model Harley Superglide frame, tank, seat, & etc. Runs and rides great. And boy does it get attention from Harley and Honda riders!"

I've looked at it and it seems, well, pretty normal-looking.

I like the way the gas tank came out. actually i want to keep mine as orginal as possabul,the reason i change the fairing was I was getting so hot when riding up and down the strip.lucky if i get over 20mph on the strip.all stop and go(wanted the wind in my face).I wanted a battes fairing on(took me 2 years to fine one on ebay) but once i put it on i dint like it.(looks good on a naked gl1000 as i seen on NGW)but i did want a fairing on my bike .my friend that put it on had one on his gl1100 and tryed to get me to do the same but i wanted the bates.well ges what we ended up puting a harley fairing on mine.now that i have it on(and im really happy with the way it all came out) i do want to make a few more changes.im going to be ording a set of 14"ape hangers.going to send my rims out to get chrome along with some other parts(wanted to try to find a 16" front rim to fit it,but no luck.wanted to put on a set of gangsters wide white walls.I have a thing for them wide white walls.IM hoping to endup with an old nostigtice looking wing)also wanted to change the exhaust,but dont know witch way i want to go.have jardens on it now.but not happy with them.so im thinking of a set of rineharts,not sure how it would sound.(seen a guy on youtube that ran 4 seperate pips.one for each cylinder that went all the way to the back of the bike.I have a big light bar on the back of mine and would like the pips to come out the back(maybe put some fishtails on them)I havent posted pics yet but my bike can be seen on youtube(goldwing with harley fairing)will post pcs when all done.just hoping it wont take to long

Latest posts