How many of you???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now, I am 6'2" and around 220 lbs. How many of you are the same size or bigger riding one of these wings? If you are, do you feel to big for the bike? Just curious. I dont think Ill get rid of it because I just love everything about it but, im just curious.

Mandorider":2j9lehta said:
Now, I am 6'2" and around 220 lbs. How many of you are the same size or bigger riding one of these wings?
Can we define "Bigger"??? I'm not 6'2", (nor even no-where near) but I got that 220 lbs beat by a big margin! :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

6'... 230...I could use some more leg room, but other than that, I'm good!

I'm close at 6'1" and 190#. Is it hard to stretch out at times? Yes. Is the bike too small? Most definitely not! I love my 700 & 750 cc bikes too. If you think any bike might be too small for you. Shut it down and see how far you can push it.

dan filipi":3tek1nlq said:
I plan never having to push this bike.
If it stalls out comes the phone for my wife to pick me up. :mrgreen:
Oh I see now. You let your wife do the heavy lifting! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

mcgovern61":3izs4o44 said:
Mandorider":3izs4o44 said:
Now, I am 6'2" and around 220 lbs. How many of you are the same size or bigger riding one of these wings?
Can we define "Bigger"??? I'm not 6'2", (nor even no-where near) but I got that 220 lbs beat by a big margin! :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Same here I am about 5'6 but according to the height /weight chart I think I am supposed to be about 6'6 or 7'
But I can touch the ground and if I could push Stella very far I would probably be closer to the right weight on the chart. :smilie_happy:
Jerry

I'm 5'9 and 275ish. On my 82 standard I feel cramped for space. Like everything is too short. Yet, it's hard to reach the ground. It really feels cramped riding 2 up. But the 83 interstate has much more room. And I can plant both feet flat on the ground. I haven't figured out what the difference is, but it's a big one. Although it would be nice to have a little more leg room on longer trips.

I'm 6'2"/315..... still thinking about floorboards to get more leg room. As far as my ass i could use more room. Seems to be a nut crusher after awhile.

If it is any help, I am 5'8 with short stumps for legs (29" inseam) and flat footing the ground was an issue for me. I solved most of that by removing my floorboards and going back to foot pegs. Secondly, I lowered my triple tree on the forks about 1 1/2" down which really gave me a lot more control of the bike AND allows me to plant my feet flat when I stop!

I also added 1 1/2" handle bar risers which moved them closer and took a tremendous strain off my arms and shoulders. I keep my seat set in the middle notch. On trips I need to stretch so I take my Vetter fairing lowers off and ride with my feet on the top of the valve covers or the front part of the engine guard! Makes it like sitting back on a sofa!

Took a 2800 mile round trip 2 summers ago and these changes made it a real pleasure! (Oh and so did the sheepskin seat cover) :moped:

6' 235 and dropping, my bike is a perfect fit, when I adding the 212 progressives it raised the bike an inch or so, it diffenitly got taller because it's easier to put the center stand down.. I suggest you get a photo of yourself on the bike, post it, and we will tell you a honest answer to if you look to large on the bike or not...I saw a man our size on a little 250 or whatever it was, he had the clear bubble on his helmet and all, remember those..