If nothing happens......

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":d4p9k6yy said:
Any little bike like that is good to have around as a parts and errand runner.
Good on gas and easy to whip around traffic.

You guys keep it up and I might have to buy one of these little runners again myself!!

mcgovern61":1b22odnu said:
dan filipi":1b22odnu said:
Any little bike like that is good to have around as a parts and errand runner.
Good on gas and easy to whip around traffic.

You guys keep it up and I might have to buy one of these little runners again myself!!

I did. I bought a 1981 Suzuki GS250T with about 6k miles on it for 200 bucks. I use it around town all the time because it has a huge KG (remember them) touring carrier on the back with a milk crate strapped to it. It's the ultimate happy bike. All the young squids scowl with scorn but it gets 70 mpg and goes 80. I really don't have to use a car when I'm home.
Al

I rode the Geezer to a parking lot Monday night and the boss finally got a start on learning how to ride. Take offs are still a little shaky and we haven't been able to get out of first gear yet, but baby steps. She has never driven an five speed vehicle in her life, so getting the hang of taking off with a clutch is the big issue at the moment. She had one incident where the little thing just about fell over with her, but she had the where with all to keep it up right. I'm so proud. :music2: :mrgreen: :yahoo: :party: :eek:k:
I feel sorry for the bike though. With my big rear end on it, I had it wide open throttle and couldn't get above 50mph. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

plskthompson1":6s9w8prr said:
I feel sorry for the bike though. With my big rear end on it, I had it wide open throttle and couldn't get above 50mph. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :heat: :smilie_happy:

I took the MSF course on a 250 Rebel even though I had been riding a 450 Rebel for over a year. The 450 is not much heavier than the 250 and will haul my 230lb butt down the interstate at 78 or 80 if I want. Lots of horsepower and lightweight. BTW the 6th gear (OD) is great for the highway and 50 mpg to boot!

The ninja 250 is the only one that will do 100mph, Smokes all other 250's :mrgreen:
I thought about getting one as my first bike untill i came across my 89 Kawasaki 454

Latest posts