I'm not dead!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daeouse

Stubbornly Optimistic!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2022 Harley Sportster 883 (daily), 1986 GL 1200A "Wing Zero"
Hey all!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, but life has put me through some significant changes in the past few months.
I sold Freebie about two months ago to another lover of old Wings, and he has since gotten her running and riding. I was heartbroken to see her go, but knowing he brought her back made the pain worth it. :cry:

I've since settled into my new life situation and find myself without a motorcycle at all, which is beginning to give me the itch to find a Wing again. . . :headscratch: The problem is, it has to be pretty much turn-key or nearly there, as I live in an apartment now and can't have a bike disassembled for more than the hours of daylight, otherwise I risk my lease and my darling fiance's wrath. . . :Doh2:

I found a local '84 Aspencade, but at $500, I fear it may be too much of a project bike. It looks complete, but "ran when parked" and both clutch slave and brake master reservoirs being empty because "they evaporated" makes me nervous.
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/d/tampa-1984-honda-goldwing-aspencade/6834521870.html

So that one may be out of the question. I'll keep saving money, but only having a car is rough sometimes. LOL

Glad to see you back! How soon do you need a replacement? My bike, "The Slug" might be going up for sale this spring. She is able to take the trip to Florida as is right now (would even consider riding her down).

I will most likely have her up for sale with the trailer for $3K.

image.php

You can click on my "Album" link in my profile if you want to see all work performed over the years.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209015#p209015:2zdcrkpk said:
mcgovern61 » 31 minutes ago[/url]":2zdcrkpk]
Glad to see you back! How soon do you need a replacement? My bike, "The Slug" might be going up for sale this spring. She is able to take the trip to Florida as is right now (would even consider riding her down).

I will most likely have her up for sale with the trailer for $3K.

image.php

You can click on my "Album" link in my profile if you want to see all work performed over the years.

Hey McG! Your bike is beautiful! I'd have no place to stash the trailer, but your bike is definitely worth a pretty penny! I'll save my pennies in case I snag it from you!

"Ran when parked" translation: never could get it started again after running it into the ground. Empty masters? You'll need to REPLACE the entire brake system.

Hmmm on bikes like this ..it’s not apartment material I’d say ....looks in better shape than the freebie was ...84 sure is a great year of bike ..it’s the tallest geared oldwing for travel rpm ...but this bike looks like it needs a lot TLC if your lucky to get it going ....

joedrum":2osiqt43 said:
Hmmm on bikes like this ..it’s not apartment material I’d say ....looks in better shape than the freebie was ...84 sure is a great year of bike ..it’s the tallest geared oldwing for travel rpm ...but this bike looks like it needs a lot TLC if your lucky to get it going ....

It does look that way. At the worst, I can store it at my job (Triumph) and work on it there, but in the end, it probably will need too much work as you say. It was something that appeared on my radar, but I wouldn't swing at it unless I got it for less and my mechanic buddy put eyes on it with me as well. I'll keep hunting! :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209019#p209019:2osiqt43 said:
pidjones » Yesterday, 7:24 pm[/url]":2osiqt43]
"Ran when parked" translation: never could get it started again after running it into the ground. Empty masters? You'll need to REPLACE the entire brake system.

That's what I feared. Even Freebie had pretty good brakes when I got her, so seeing that makes me leery. I'll keep looking around and saving! :thank_you:

84std.jpg
valk.jpg
In a few months Slabghost's bikes will be up for sale. The first two I'm going to try to get "road-ready" are his Valk and 1200 Standard

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209038#p209038:a827no9a said:
bib » March 31st, 2019, 9:50 am[/url]":a827no9a]
View attachment 1In a few months Slabghost's bikes will be up for sale. The first two I'm going to try to get "road-ready" are his Valk and 1200 Standard
file.php

file.php

That 1200 Standard looks great. . . I may just snag that one. . . :good:
The Valk is nice, but I'm partial to the 1200's (plus it may be worth more than I can pony up. . .)

joedrum":a827no9a said:
Great deal bib ....so glad your helpimg
One of the main reasons I thought to post up here, as everyone here has a love for these bikes and are as helpful as possible to each other.

Latest posts