Introduction

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normally i would have to agree with you, however this winter was a bit of a strange one,,, we were out riding a week ago, temps in the 80's.. this week a little more seasonable.. Ron

welcomre to classic yes getting it to run is always my first do ....but to me this involves going throught the bike exstensively....i usealy strip the plastic seat rear wheel rear fender inter rear fender and gas tank this gets the bike down to a level of being able to check an d see everthing ....

have mine almost ready she a 79 1000 .but the carbs are the main problem hope to have her running soon. and i already starting to get the erge to find another one for a spare rider. these things are habit forming.

one of my sons and I are making this a joint venture,, hope I or we don't botch it up to much, the manual has been ordered, and we have barely started.. so it should be fun. can't wait til the day i jump on and head down the road with it.

Hi robinhood - have brother in Brandon and am currently dreaming about Newfoundland and Labrador this summer - perhaps we will meet for coffee along the way. :moped:

Gust, in invigorating Wisconsin, who has never met a person he couldn't learn from.

The ordinary traveler, who never goes off the beaten route and who on this beaten route is carried by others, without himself doing anything or risking anything, does not need to show much more initiative and intelligence than an express package." - Theodore Roosevelt, 1912.

robinhood2000":6jtvto0d said:
hello everyone, from Northwestern Vermont, Just came in possession of two older wings, being 75 and 76 GL1000's, Looking to restore over time, hope to pick up some pointers here, not the most mechanical but time for now isn't a factor...Ron

Latest posts