Life long winger new to forum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godservant007

Reaction score
Just found this site while looking for parts close to my southern Missouri home. Been riding, restoring and repairing wings since I was in High school if you count the silverwing I stripped down and made a solo seat bobber out of. Here is my current ride, I found her in pieces in a west Texas shop. She came in my shop with faded paint, no brake calipers, stuck motor, bad starter, leaking suspension, zombied electronics, rusty tank, trashed carbs, 26k on the odometer and a clean title. Gave the man 150 bucks and hauled her back to Missouri. This is what she looks like today at 90k.
file.php

Attachments

• Photo0312.jpg
    Photo0312.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Photo0433.jpg
    Photo0433.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 115
sounds like the bikes i buy :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: ....welcome to classic its nice to bring junk back to the road as you have done ...you will fit fine here ... :mrgreen:

Howdy and welcome to CGW. Nice job you did on that bike. Do you live in Pexico or Mexico. I lived in jeff city and then Fulton for about two years working at the Calaway Nuclear Plant. Love that area, beautiful country.

Puxico, we are on the edge of the bootheel in southeast corner. Some great riding between here and fulton.
Joedrum there is no junk on the island of misfit toys :cool: I recently had a restored (more of a refreshed) Aspy for sale, a man begged to trade his 8 yr old vtwin in on her. After seeing the bike he tried to persuade me because his was only 8 years old it was worth more then the 30 year old bike. I showed him and he agreed cosmetically the bikes were very close to equal. Then I explained the life expectancy, his had a normal range in the mid forties with proper maintenance, but considering it had run super lean for most of its life and it was aircooled it possibly would not make it that long. Then I had him consider that the wing with proper maintenance would almost surely make 150k and more like 250+ , not to mention its air adjustable suspension, on board electronics, a passenger seat wider then 3 inches, alot of water tight storage, a cruising speed that matches his top speed and an overall ride comfort that makes cross country travel enjoyable not an experience that rivals child birth like on a cruiser.
His 26k bike was nice but to compare it on an equal level to a 4cly Aspy with 50k was not fair, it would be like comparing a 57 bel air convertible to a 03 pontiac sunfire and claim the sunfire was worth more because it was newer. These old classics are very misunderstood, they were a marvel of tech advancement not just for their day but for most of the consumer hyped throwaway bikes being marketed today.
Besides it just cool to be a noncomformist :mrgreen:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, godservant007!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Plenty of "nonconformists" here, fer sher! :smilie_happy: Nice ride, too! :good:

Welcome to the non conformists oldwing site. We are driven to keeping these old girls roadworthy. Not in commercial enterprise. We rely solely on donations from members to stay online.

Latest posts