Manuals

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDuderino

Reaction score
So still new to the CGW forums...but I need to order a manual. Anyone have recommendations? I have found the factory manual and the Clymer. I am cleaning up a project bike that isn't to my spec and need to have the best of the best for working on this bike. I have an 83 GL1100.

Thanks in advance

Both are good manuals. A couple more posts will give you access to our tech section which has manuals.

yes two more post and your in the tech section ......the 83 is a good bike ...with a good gear spread.....i have one thats still a dresser but is modified with early 1000 cams 75-77 install this makes for a real aggressive motor with the hottest cam setup ....the rear ignition is also made adjustable ....not an easy mod as in getting to ......anyway on my bike this pulls hard and is good mod for me and my liking..... :mrgreen: good luck dude on getting the 83 in tip top shape :mrgreen:

Did I read this post right you can put an early 1000 cam in a 1100 this will give you more power. Is there any mods you have to do?

yes its one of my few posts that understandable :smilie_happy: i have done two 1100s this way its not nessarly a super hard mod but it isntnt plug and play either but close though......75-77 cams are the higher output cams in the upper rpm range and is what i have ......the 78-79 cams are the other way and give better low rpm torque .....i tried them both and went with 75-77 cams as it seems the motor just like them better....the 1100 stock cams are in between the two 1000s cams and a little closer to 75-77 cams than the 78-79 cams .....i stayed with the stock ignition from the 1100 witch is in the rear of the motor and modified that to be adjustable it was an easy mod but hard to do as i had to strip everything in the rear to get to it ....im not sure it was worth it idid change it some but not much to match the cam....if you get serious and have the cams i will explane the whole deal somewhere its on the forum .....i will try and find it but i know its one of my threads i just cant remember the title to it :Doh2: :mrgreen:

Which cam would you suggest for my bike ? if the bike was always loaded with camping gear and a passenger or do you think I should just leave the 1100 cams in it

on my 83 ...my first go was with 79 cams as i was worried about the gearing being to tall for the hotter cam .....it did make a lot more low end torque and was still fast ....then i tried the 75 cams and it seemed to handle the gearing fine ...i lost a little low end torque but not much ...i like it a lot ...it seems the motor was design around the hotter cams ....im 200 lbs my wife is 110 wt and we travel lots of hills and stuff and its fine...the 1100 cams are fine too ...and i like diong things different ....it dose boost the power a lot ...i call it the angry dresser ...it all in what you want ..... :mrgreen:

Will I'm a man for mods, I do have 79 cams off a parts bike I have so maybe I should start there , do I put the hole head on or just the cams?, thanks alot for your info and maybe you will come across on the post that shows how this is done ..... :builder: :thanks:

im having trouble finding the thread im a computer idiot :headscratch: if your serious PM me.....the 79 cams are realy good low end torque cams i had had them on my 83 for a good while lots of lugging power :mrgreen:

I relatively new to CGW. I would like to find the tech manual for GL1100i re fans and fan switches. How do I do that?

Latest posts