Member badge

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scdmarx":6ywv7a7j said:
Dumb question: Is there a legend somewhere to see what these stars and badges mean? Like how long is a "New Member" untill he becomes an "Active Member"? And what's after that? "Advanced Member"? And what does that actually mean? And what does each star represent? I looked in the FAQ to save you all from me asking this here, but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm not requesting time and effort be spent to create this, just for directions to get there from here if it already exsists. At the moment, badges really don't mean much to me, perhaps due to my lack of I.Q. If I read a post and don't readily recognize the name, then natural curiosity leads my eyes to "Date Joined" and "# of posts", and after that I'd really like to know where people are from. USA doesn't mean much. Northern California, for example, doesn't mean very much more. I'm not suggesting people give out their physical address and underwear size, but the name of a nearby major city would be satisfying. I thought the Shmoogle Map idea was cool.
I wouldn't suggest underwear size......Cause some members might not be wearing them at all :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:.I.m 15 mnts away from pasadena Marx :good: .

carl62cycles":2fm33l0h said:
I wouldn't suggest underwear size......Cause some members might not be wearing them at all :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
That's gonna be embarrassing when they get into an accident. :oops: :blush: :ahem:

carl62cycles":2fm33l0h said:
I.m 15 mnts away from pasadena Marx :good: .
That's a long ways from Calexico! :razz:

viewtopic.php?p=7411#p7411

The number of stars matches the increase in rank. The stars just give it a more jazzy look, I think anyway.

The reason for ranks is that's a way to allow certain permissions on the board.
Like new member can't post a new topic in the For Sale forum.
Other permissions for more advanced ranks will come in the future as needed.

I had my son make a new badge which I think is more appropriate than being called a "donator"
donator.png

This new badge
supporter1.png
I feel is more appropriate to recognize supporters of the CGW forums because
there are many ways to support the forums, like going out of your way to help members, making the effort to write up detailed How-To's with photo's, being a Moderator, etc.

Before I make this switch I thought it best to have you all offer your input so fire away.

dan filipi":e41yjvqg said:
I had my son make a new badge which I think is more appropriate than being called a "donator"
donator.png

This new badge
supporter1.png
I feel is more appropriate to recognize supporters of the CGW forums because
there are many ways to support the forums, like going out of your way to help members, making the effort to write up detailed How-To's with photo's, being a Moderator, etc.

Before I make this switch I thought it best to have you all offer your input so fire away.
I totally dig the new badge,it sounds more appropiate like you say.You got my dumbs up :rocks: .It only keeps getting better :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: .

Five":1g785alc said:
Alright, the vicodin from my latest bout with kidney stones may be clouding my reasoning but I can't find the donate button...

Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the eagle or in my signature. :thanks:

thats kinda what i was thinking ....im not sure i want everybody to know i have the supporter badge :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :heat: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

:hi: Topic buttons at bottom of page are great..saves the scrolling back to the top way to go for the suggestiond and the rapid implimentation Dan. One more little tweek when you look at the active topicsyou have to scrole to the bottom to go to the next page there is no Pafe 1,2,3 etc at thr top like it is after opening the topic can it be added to the top also???? Bob

Latest posts