My 10,530.7 mile trip to Alaska July 2015 pictures #1

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many out there who I would like to thank

THANK YOU

Have not had time to label these but wanted to share quickly.

Great pictures from a fantastic 10.5k mile adventure Wes :good: The Valkerie is certainly a great looking bike and probably more suited to trailer life than your old girl. Sorry to see the end of a 34 year relationship :(
I am curious to know what the signs mean :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156881#p156881:17lc879a said:
Ansimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm[/url]":17lc879a]
Great pictures from a fantastic 10.5k mile adventure Wes :good: The Valkerie is certainly a great looking bike and probably more suited to trailer life than your old girl. Sorry to see the end of a 34 year relationship :(
I am curious to know what the signs mean :yes:

Open grate bridge. You can see it in the background. Pain in the assignment to ride over too.

View media item 27190

Aug 2 3:22AM

This is a complete view from my camera. The speedo I took to get some idea of how far we traveled in a day.
If you look in my gallery, I have some of the pics described.

I had a LOT of help on this trip. Too many to thank individually and there were a lot of people who made this trip possible.
I will write up a story on the trip once I get my info in order.

Thank you each and every one of you.

Those pics are all so great. I wish I could have been there with you. Where can I get one of those redneck door bells?

The 12 inch wheels were a mistake. It made the hitch lower and the trailer pushed the bike.
The little piano hinge screws were too small. It was really windy in BC and the top compartment flew off the whole thing. The tent came out and looked like a parachute. The top landed on it's top and did not damage it at all. Don had some straps that he let me use to go on down the road. Got to Steve's and Lori's house and put in a lot longer screws. I still strapped the top to the base of the trailer the rest of the trip so it would not happen again.

I lost the hub cap on the one trailer wheel. The one pic show me cleaning and repacking the grease and replacing the hub.

Smaller wheels normally have more hub/bearing failures Wes due to the extra rotations/rpms when doing big distances. You just needed to set up a dropped drawbar or a raised ball so that the trailer was level and not pushing the bike. A mighty effort to tow all that way with great results apart from it possibly being too much load for an 1100 :(

Latest posts