Need advice on head gaskets for my GL1100I

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmopars

Reaction score
I recently took the heads off my bike to redo some things, lap valves, etc. I now need to get the gaskets to put it back together. I called a local dealer and was told they sell a complete set made by Vesrah. I have found those on E-bay also by that name. I have seen on here not to use any heads gaskets other than Honda.
Would the Vesrah be OK or should I just get Honda head gaskets and the complete set from Vesrah or another source?
I only want to do this once, but also don't want to throw away money on perfectly good gaskets.
I have found Honda gaskets for $37.99 each from Hondabike.com, anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
Any advice would be very helpful, thanks

well that's a good price for Honda gaskets ... ive never bought Honda gaskets ... it seems the cheap ones have head bolt punch out wrong and they sale for about 25dollars ..Honda head gaskets go 50dollars plus on average

I've used different vendors for gaskets, but if i you can get Honda Oem gaskets at a good price, go that way. You can also go to partzilla.com
and type in the Honda oem number in the search Box and you might even find a better price there too.

when you intsall them, Just remember the sequence of tighting the head bolts. After there all tight, and you run your motor at temp. for a while, let it cool off(over night) and recheck the head bolts again for proper torque. This will usally save you lots of more time down the road.

I'm running $25 each head gaskets from georgefix on ebay.
So far I have no complaints. I've had them on during some pretty tough testing in extreme heat and engine temps at the red and full load lugging at low and high rpm while I set up a single carb and it's jetting and they are holding fine but Honda head gaskets under $40 is the way I would suggest to go long term.

I have used the aftermarket gaskets from a complete kit in the past and had to redo the job a year later with honda gaskets.I would certianly suggest the HONDA gaskets.

I know this thread is about head gasket sources and opinions but I wanted to say that during installation I always use Copper Coat.

41ORUZTbI9L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-401612-Copper ... coppercoat

It can be had from local auto parts stores.
I've always used it since I think it's filler properties for small imperfections on the block and head surface is a plus. Besides which it sure looks cool after both sides are coated. I do 2 coats each side.

Latest posts