Need help deciding on what 1 barrel carb to buy.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations !!! As someone mentioned earlier, no two set-ups will require the same jetting, but looks like you got it. I'm still trying to locate the 'power jet', could it also be called something else?

I've been told some carbs have them external and some don't. Mine sets beside the idle jet. They look identical, the idle is the one slanted and the power jet is sticking straight out the side right beside the idle. However the power jet is called a few different names. The 30 pict solex I have, the 2 are located right under the choke plate where you adjust it. My choke is fully open all times and the anti diesel cylenoid has been gutted and plugged. By doing this it idled a lot better.

Maybe ask Randakk for a rebuilder? He’s a member here.
Seems like there is at least one other guy rebuilding them.
Bear's Cycle & Restoration
N1639 Brunkow rd
Juda, WI 53550
[email protected]

Had the whole carb/intake rebuilt for my 84 Aspy. $409 (1 1/2 years ago). Great guy to work with...he does a lot of Goldwing work.

Get in touch with Hub Cycle in Independence, MO. They are GW experts and will rebuild your carbs correctly. They did mine and I am very happy with the results. Give them a call at 816-461-2187.

Latest posts