New C5 M Series $449.95!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131232#p131232:lvxpswzj said:
C5Performance » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:31 pm[/url]":lvxpswzj]
Has anyone tried kickstarting their GL with the C5 installed? I haven't tried mine yet...in the middle of a water pump rebuild.
I'm curious how it works.
yes. no problems. i am surprised how easy they are to start with the kick start. we only have around 2 weeks in the US, so not a lot of time to tour, las vegas for first four days then pick a hire car up , poke around a bit. the Boss has mentioned San Francisco , so we will see. last couple of days, she wants to see Disneyland etc. funnily, she has not mentioned anything to do with motorcycles. :smilie_happy:

well you no where near me but there are some members close to the areas you are going to ....hmmmm i not to close to anyone ....i like that really just not a neighborhood guy ....LOL

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131250#p131250:25pqhz81 said:
joedrum » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 am[/url]":25pqhz81]
well you no where near me but there are some members close to the areas you are going to ....hmmmm i not to close to anyone ....i like that really just not a neighborhood guy ....LOL

Joe if one of us wins the lottery we'll pack up the Wings and head to Aussie's house. What a fun post that could make.

Have you been using curve #1 yet, even after putting bodywork back on?

yes paul curve one is still being used ... seems to be just fine ... have no running issues what so ever ....ive used curve 2 also lately and found it to be not quite as good as curve 1.....seems the extra weight hasn't effected anything on the more advanced curve im running ......

yep it be nice to visit down under :rocks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131454#p131454:1g39aj7m said:
joedrum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm[/url]":1g39aj7m]
yes paul curve one is still being used ... seems to be just fine ... have no running issues what so ever ....ive used curve 2 also lately and found it to be not quite as good as curve 1.....seems the extra weight hasn't effected anything on the more advanced curve im running ......

Come on down the weathers fine!! :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131454#p131454:1tgazwgt said:
joedrum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 am[/url]":1tgazwgt]

On my Ural I run 40 degrees until the bike starts acting up then I back down to 36 and its much happier. This is why I am in love with Power Arc based electronics. The ignition is precise enough to hold a true timing curve, and you can actually feel the changes. Hooch is also a great example of why sometimes a special curve works (not usually).

Playing with slightly modified cars and cycles has taught me that rarely do you need to go above what the factory used for timing. Once you introduce a LOAD on the engine it becomes extremely efficient and timing must be retarded, not advanced.
Hooch is a highly modified motorcycle with increased torque AND reduced gearing. You have a motorcycle that is under FAR LESS LOAD than a standard motorcycle. It allows Hooch to operate with greater timing advance on pump fuel than most engines, without detonation. If you added a sidecar and trailer you would finally introduce enough load where Hooch would probably need to use 38-40 degrees (or less) of total advance.

I encourage conversation about this, and we are planning to create a few PODCASTS that will be posted on our website. The relationship between Timing, Fuel, and Engine Load is one of the discussions we'll host. Email your subject request to [email protected] and we will begin creating a schedule based on public demand.
Everyone who has interest in great running vehicles will find useful information when listening to these Podcasts (it's like talk radio but will be recorded for future listening).

i see its been 12 months since i put the C5 on my 75. no trouble yet and not expecting any. :smilie_happy: at the beginning i was a little worried. but , i soon came to realise , i had been conditioned by previous ignition failures. now, i just start it and ride it. next weekend i am going on a 1200 klm or so round trip and i feel no need to carry a back up . (as i did in the past.)
also, i have not felt the need to play around with timing advance. just put it on the " stock " setting and all is good. :Egyptian:
many thanks Paul and you can expect more business in the future..

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131543#p131543:1rdq37er said:
aussiegold » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:00 am[/url]":1rdq37er]
i see its been 12 months since i put the C5 on my 75. no trouble yet and not expecting any. :smilie_happy: at the beginning i was a little worried. but , i soon came to realise , i had been conditioned by previous ignition failures. now, i just start it and ride it. next weekend i am going on a 1200 klm or so round trip and i feel no need to carry a back up . (as i did in the past.)
also, i have not felt the need to play around with timing advance. just put it on the " stock " setting and all is good. :Egyptian:
many thanks Paul and you can expect more business in the future..

Aussiegold we wish you a safe ride. Any time you purchase and use something electronic there is a chance of failure, but after 25 years of continuous improvement, Power Arc has done what no other company has done since Boyer in 1969. They used truly "NEW" technology to improve our riding experience.

I have learned to trust the electronics to the point where my garage now houses six or seven motorcycles with a C5 installed. I would not hesitate to ride any of them no matter what the weather conditions and not worry about making it home. My Ural starts and runs so amazing (using only the kick starter) that I ride it almost daily. It is hard to believe a Russian bike could be fast, but I've had it over 75 mph with a large windshield installed (it is a Solo model).

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131553#p131553:3ozoug82 said:
joedrum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:49 am[/url]":3ozoug82]
pics please of that bike paul

It is a 650cc and was one of the last of the "old engine" before they went up to 750cc.
I have it rejetted richer and tuned with one of our C2 modules (controls two coils) but only use one coil right now (wasted spark).

The advantage of this was I now have 4 curves instead of just 2, and I use a handlebar mounted rotary switch similar to the one Brian uses on his GL1100.

Attachments

• 100_2326 resized.jpg
    100_2326 resized.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 137
hmmm i see where people have went to extremes in advancing and retarding cams ...with stock iggys and dynas and such .......i can never see ever moving cam from TDC as a good idea ......

it is cool that c5 can be programed to do all things ones were trying by moving cam ... and i think that the fact the cam never moves off TDC actually makes it something that might work better .... just my thoughts on such a thing .......nothing out in same class as c5 ... it is the heavy weight champ of the world in ignitions :mrgreen:

Now that I have chased all my mechanical gremlins out of the bike, so it seems, I am going to start saving for my C5 ignition system. I have a 76 gl 1000, do you recommend the C5 or this new model the C5M series? Running points now and I definitely do not want to go with a Dyna. I want something strong and reliable and I have read nothing but great things about your system.

Either choice will do you proud. C5 will give you 4 curves to choose from. C5m will give you two curves and fit right in where the points are. Chances are you'll be settling in on just one curve anyway.

Im not racing or nuthin, just looking for the most reliable system I can get. Any improvements in performance is just a bonus. Sounds to me like I will end up with the C5 M for the low low price of 449.95! I was waiting to see if I was going to be able to get my bike running right but its goin solid right now.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131591#p131591:3vhujn23 said:
bronko37 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:09 pm[/url]":3vhujn23]
Im not racing or nuthin, just looking for the most reliable system I can get. Any improvements in performance is just a bonus. Sounds to me like I will end up with the C5 M for the low low price of 449.95! I was waiting to see if I was going to be able to get my bike running right but its goin solid right now.

I will make it very easy for you to choose the C5 M series. We are virtually out of stock with the old system so our plan is to just offer the M series unless....there is enough demand to order at least a dozen kits at one time.

That being said, the only operational difference is the number of curves (2 versus 4). One will be a normal curve and the other for a motorcycle under heavy load. If you have special requirements just give me a call or email me. We are programming Slabghost's ignition to his specifications before shipping.

Honestly we believe the reduction in price is the right thing. Hopefully it allows more people to enjoy our product and the forum would certainly accept your $100 donation if you are determined to spend it :yahoo:

From what I have read about real world usage for the majority of us I believe that 2 curves are all that is required. If I had ended up with a 4 curve unit I was always intending to use a changeover switch that would only be for those 2 curves ( normal and heavy load/hills) :good:

Cant wait to get one Paul. Im sure i will be ordering from you come spring time. It can only help. I will have more faith in the bike then for longer trips from home.

Latest posts