New guy in town

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DadsWing'76

Reaction score
Hey all!! I'm new to this sight all the way from Edson, Alberta, Canada. Did a quick google search for some info, and this sight popped up. Here's my story.....
Back in 1994, my Dad came across a 1976 GL1000 sitting in an old garage he was working in, and he ended up bringing the bike home for a cool $700. It ran pretty good and had pretty low mileage on it. Dad stopped riding it in 2005 and passed away in 2008, and the bike was given to me. It has sat in my shed, out of the elements since then until just last week, when I decided to clean out the shed, took a good look at the bike and relived the trips Dad and I took. Next thing I knew, the bike was being rolled out of the shed and into my shop. I am beyond overjoyed to be working at getting this classic back on the road. Now just over a week in and I have it torn down a bit and am cleaning it up. Gonna need a little of all your combined knowledge as mine only goes so far on this 'ol girl.
Thank you in advance to all the info you will be able to provide. :thanks:
Jay

Welcome. I would change the fluids, pop in a good battery, and see if it starts. It will most likely need the carbs cleaned/rebuilt. We would love to see some pictures. The wealth of knowledge here is humbling. These guys can talk you through almost any problem. Good luck, Dave

Welcome and change the timing belts too

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Hey all!! I just wanted to add a couple of pics of the bike as it looked BEFORE I started working on it.
IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg

Latest posts