New Member from N Illinois

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooops, forgot the subject line, I hope this message doesn't post twice.

Hello everybody,
I joined the forum a week or so ago but wanted to wait until I could get a good picture of my bike before I intoduced myself. I have owned a lot of different rides in my life including a couple GW's. I retired in January and hope to do a lot of touring on my recently bought GW. If I can be of any assistance to anybody in the northern Illinois area, (Phoenix, AZ during the real cold months) don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Dave

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Dave!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Piper15T":1j7cud6o said:
I joined the forum a week or so ago but wanted to wait until I could get a good picture of my bike before I intoduced myself.

WELL????? :headscratch: I don't see it....whazzup wid dat? :headscratch:
:hihihi:

AApple":xfzo5c8f said:
Welcome to the CGW Forums, Dave!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Piper15T":xfzo5c8f said:
I joined the forum a week or so ago but wanted to wait until I could get a good picture of my bike before I intoduced myself.

WELL????? :headscratch: I don't see it....whazzup wid dat? :headscratch:
:hihihi:
His album you silly goose! Welcome to the forums, maybe we could meet up in Bullhead City this winter.

That seat looks very interesting, is it two seperate pieces?

~O~

Thank you everybody for the welcome. I can't believe all the good looking bikes that are 30 years old in the group.

Omega Man, the seat is one piece but I don't know the brand. It is adjustable about 4" fore and aft with a small lever on the left side by the passenger and is actually one of the reasons I bought the bike. We rode about 150 miles last thursday over 4 hours and my passenger had no discomfort at all.

Dan, Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this site so all of us have a place to come and also the nice comment on my bike. I can't take much credit though because it was very clean when I bought it. I did spend a whole day however cleaning and waxing it.

Tory, Just let me know on the meet and greet, I'll be there, I would love to see the Terraplane sidecar up close.

Dave

lots of nice toys .....i had a bunch of those mustangs when younger ....looks like a nice wheelhorse tactor i think and an airplane i bet piper .....what a neet toy house ,shop or doghouse to go to and hide in comfort

Joe,
Very observant on your part. The Wheelhorse tractor is actually called an "Airhorse" and is a really strange looking contraption. I posted a picture of it in my album. You sit on the hood and face backwards. The hydraulics pick up the nosewheel on the plane and moves it around. It is very retro and dates back to the 70's. Supposedly there are less than 50 of them left in the country. John Deere makes new ones but the Wheelhorse's are very rare. It sounds like you are a retro kind of guy like myself.

Dave

Tory":lqacbmvb said:
Welcome from west michigan.Grand Rapids area.
A midwest meet and greet is looking better.
Hiya Piper from west central Illinois. A midwest meet & greet sounds great...I would invite everyone here to my place but then I wouldn't get to ride anywhere. How bout we all just show up at Joe's house? :whistling: :lol:

Hi Lew,
Sounds good to me. Looks like an early fall though, 46 degrees this morning here. I wasn't familiar with where Plymouth was so I googled it. I think Hannibal, MO (gotta love Mark Twain) would be a great midwest m & g destination but not much of a ride for you. I don't think I have been here long enough to be just dropping in on anybody...lol
Your FL trip was one of the first postings I read when I came to this site. Did your closing go ok in FL?
I like your bike, real bikes have wire spoke wheels. I thought twice about buying my 81 because I thought it was too new.

Dave

Latest posts