NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106422#p106422:2z33z8dt said:
robin1731 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 am[/url]":2z33z8dt]
What are you wanting to do? There other kits out there. Single carb? Stock carbs?
I've been wondering the same thing 82a :headscratch:
A lot of these are just Google searches with no refined links to anything specific.

dunno much about the goldwing nitrous story, and haven't run across much in the way of quick accurate info,

so started a thread.

i like the concept that with a press of a button, you have way more available power than normal,

prob it's way easier to setup with a single carb setup,

i only have my 82 right now witch is humming on the stock cod catchers,

got a buncha stuff, carbs, plenums etc to start fiddlin so prob gonna find a cheap runner with gummed up carbs to play with

seems like there's no end to old wings for sale, often real cheap, with serious expensive carb issues, that can be hugely problematic as far as going/staying with the original stuff or setup

not to mention alt issues or stories out there, good bikes often end up sitting around when these typical big money problems rear up

i've only been in the wing game a few years so lots to learn on my end and no huge rush to get anything done, lotsa other folks here are doing a ton of legwork, sortin stuff out, still lotsa unknowns out there,

there is good baseline info but i haven't seen much in the way of a 32/36 setup witch i think is very doable and the direction i'm going,

so far got some holleys (picked up a used 5200 for 30 bucks including a few rebuilts @ ~ 50 bucks a pop) and webers including a new empi for 130 bucks, all 32/36,

actually, got a few 32/32s too, that's where i'm at right now and will certainly be going single carb

as far as more power goes, along with the well known bits i've collected like early cams, i'm interested in nitrous.

prob be looking for an 84, they are geared tallest (1200 line) and only for that one year, same deal as the 83 in the 1100 line

i like quick easy & cheap and right now mostly fiddlin here & there, plus it's cold

Trouble with NOS on the wings is they are interference motors and cannot accept more than a bare minimum of NOS without exploding the motor. Others have tried NOS and turbo set ups and superchargers. Almost every one blew the motor that I've read about.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106428#p106428:3bxzimmd said:
slabghost » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:47 pm[/url]":3bxzimmd]
Trouble with NOS on the wings is they are interference motors and cannot accept more than a bare minimum of NOS without exploding the motor. Others have tried NOS and turbo set ups and superchargers. Almost every one blew the motor that I've read about.
i'm not after anything major powerwise, stock power is plenty for me

yes I wil say 5200 will work I am sure ...but I think the carb is over sized for motor and it dosnt really fit the frame as good ....and the dft is just flat out set up better in how its made ...

on the nitrous deal its amazing the same carbs most discount for sit atop superchargers that really says it all ... there plenty of carb for oldwings .... actually to much for the cfm the 32-36 needs to operate at it size for without a supercharger and the inherent reliabilty problems that..... brings to the table

There is more to nitrous than just bolting on a kit and hitting the button. If done correctly a GL engine could live happily. I have race bikes (with Kawasaki engines) that have a few seasons of races on them with no issues. Lots more nitrous that I would ever put to any stock engine. But engine life is in the setup.

i'm all ears on a stock 1100 engine :clapping: :builder:

prob way easier with a single carb setup?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106469#p106469:gqsn9wcv said:
robin1731 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 pm[/url]":gqsn9wcv]
There is more to nitrous than just bolting on a kit and hitting the button. If done correctly a GL engine could live happily. I have race bikes (with Kawasaki engines) that have a few seasons of races on them with no issues. Lots more nitrous that I would ever put to any stock engine. But engine life is in the setup.

looks like a coupla wings here have nitrous without a huge or obvious bottle
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nitrous+ ... CAkQ_AUoAQ

yes it would way easier on a single set up......ive got hooch running to a point with the weber and c5 in use id hate to think of how bad it could get to have a nitrous button to push ... personally I go for all power I can get through good work and a heavy dose of simplicity and reliability ....to me this makes for the best bike as I like to feel I have strong reliable power ...its rather scary to think hooch would have this to push accidently ....sheesh hooch can jerk the bars out of your hands now ....hmmmmm ....but im sure if you go for it ...it can be lined out in a single

Latest posts