Old guy but a newbie here

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron

Reaction score
Thanks for the invite to join your forum. I may not be as active here as I am on Steves site, but I will check in as often as I can...I presently own two 1982 Honda Gold wings, one has over 90 thou on the clock, the last one my wife bought for me only has 14,000 on the clock, both are getting some odds and ends done to them to where we can hook up out pop up camper and do some serious riding....I also own a 1978 GS-1000 Suzuki, that I bought brand new, the old girl is in need of a complete restoration, but we all know about the $$$$ involved....OH yeah I've been married to that girl that bought me these two Gold wings for over 47 years, I guess I'll keep her.... Keep the shiney side up.....

Welcome to the CGW Forums, redbaron !!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Welcome to the congregation of gold wings..... :wave: Red baron glad to have you aboard .... hope to hear from you now and again.. :music:

Hello Sir and welcome to the site...On that Suzuki, it sounds to me like it's just too much work and trouble, my birthday, well it's in Nov. but I was thinking maybe a early B-day present, aaahh Welcome again :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

Thank you all for the warm welcome....Yeah Dan I knew it was you.... :wave: .....You have a great site, and Its my hope that it says around till I'm as old as one old cogger over in Steves bunch....Something Wing????? :smilie_happy: ...I may not be the worlds greatest rider but since I bought my first Wing I have read, watched videos, listened, looked at hundreds of how to pictures, and have applied that new knowledge on my Gold Wings....Yet I'm always willing to share what I have learned, and still willing to listen, read, etc, and help a fellow Winger If I can...

1060dsl nice 1980 750 Custom, I had one of those, ordered it, rode it till about 14 years ago when I got the Asspy, gave the 750 to my son and the first time we went for a ride together he did not turn and put her in a big ditch, bent the forks and tree and put a big dent in the tank hunted all over for parts this design was for one year 1980.

Winger 82":2bnbwdlf said:
1060dsl nice 1980 750 Custom, I had one of those, ordered it, rode it till about 14 years ago when I got the Asspy, gave the 750 to my son and the first time we went for a ride together he did not turn and put her in a big ditch, bent the forks and tree and put a big dent in the tank hunted all over for parts this design was for one year 1980.

Wow - how is your son hope he did not get hurt.
You would not believe how many guys would come over to look at it, seems we all had one. The 69 CB750 was the number ``3`` bike of all time but I found the 750 was not rider friendly - you sit high and it does not handle as well as my interstate. I sold it a while back, I used to have tons of parts for these (including three tanks) but most of it is gone now just some 82K stuff left.

It`s an eBay friendly bike thats for sure.

Latest posts