Randakks shipping.. Just wow!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gc33

Reaction score
Ive just started cleaning and rebuilding my 86 Aspencade carbs.
So naturally I'll head over to randakks and pick up the carb kit for it. $114US...works out to $164 aussie... But it's quality I guess... Hope.
So I put them in my shopping cart... Go to confirm and check out... WTAF??? $127 for shipping!! Randakks can sod off at this point...
World has gone Bananas... Batshit crazy.
Blame it on Russia and ukraine... Or is it still covid... Or monkey pox... Can't keep track these days...

You can send them an email to be sure it is accurate, also check the shipping options, it could be default is 3 day priority , does seem high even for the distance.

You can send them an email to be sure it is accurate, also check the shipping options, it could be default is 3 day priority , does seem high even for the distance.
Yeah... So I've emailed, done the contact is etc... Facebook as well... Randakks can go screw themselves now... Not even to say... We can adjust.... Seems like it's an automated response. Seriously... I was going to order an agrade stator and some other bits... Not now. 😡😡😡
I've bought bits from there before... Didn't charge that much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-100926_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-100926_Messenger.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 23
I rebuild those gl carbs and you can pretty much buy the whole rebuild kit minus the plenum gasket onIine will say this they make a laminated bowl gasket for the gl1000 that you can order and it's a lot better than the bowl gasket randakks sells

IMO most carb rebuild kits only good for the gaskets. The factory jets and floats are far better then aftermarket. Take the money you save and buy a ultrasonic cleaner. Use good quality soap and clean water. Your old jets will look and work like new

IMO most carb rebuild kits only good for the gaskets. The factory jets and floats are far better then aftermarket. Take the money you save and buy a ultrasonic cleaner. Use good quality soap and clean water. Your old jets will look and work like new
I've got an ultrasonic cleaner I always use factory jets unless there badly damaged I run a small engine business so I see alot of carbs

I rebuild those gl carbs and you can pretty much buy the whole rebuild kit minus the plenum gasket onIine will say this they make a laminated bowl gasket for the gl1000 that you can order and it's a lot better than the bowl gasket randakks sells
I am interested to know who makes the better carb gaskets, the "online they" is my question. For the most part, everyones goto has been Randakk (dime City). Most discussion I have seen point to Randakks with no real 2nd place honorable mentions. I know of K&L and Keyster with no one giving either of them rave reviews. Any recommendation would be good to now. As for shipping here in Canada, most good deals of the internet are killed by the time I factor in the outrageous shipping + border fees even before I have to add the 35% exchange. If the vendors even consider shipping to non USA. Thanks ahead ...Ian

Type in your search engine (laminated bowl gasket for gl1000) there is an eBay company that comes up that in the images there will be 2 younger women that's the company (sirusconic) I think is the name. With that being said you will still have to order the plenum halve and fuel to plenum gaskets from radakk or saber cycle that's the only company that makes those

Type in your search engine (laminated bowl gasket for gl1000) there is an eBay company that comes up that in the images there will be 2 younger women that's the company (sirusconic) I think is the name. With that being said you will still have to order the plenum halve and fuel to plenum gaskets from radakk or saber cycle that's the only company that makes those
Got it . I know the place but I hadn't realized that their gaskets were that good, though the ad says so(THE BEST ON THE MARKET,PERFECT FIT!). But a recommendation from you is a better perspective, just ordered some. Thanks for quick reply...Ian

Yeah I've had pretty good luck with their gaskets randakk makes good gaskets don't get me wrong but I feel they're extremely overpriced
Got it . I know the place but I hadn't realized that their gaskets were that good, though the ad says so(THE BEST ON THE MARKET,PERFECT FIT!). But a recommendation from you is a better perspective, just ordered some. Thanks for quick reply...Ian

Latest posts