Rear air shocks.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piktureit

Reaction score
This is probably going to seem like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. :)

Can anyone tell me where the damn air inlet for the rear shocks is usually located? I haven't pulled off the saddle bags or seat yet, but I've been looking everywhere else and I can't locate it.

It's a 1981 GL1100, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks alot y'all.

I found it. Thanks y'all!

The PO I bought it from had painted it to match the frame and I thought is was just a bolt. Turned out not to matter much, I pumped the shocks up and came back a couple hours later and they were flat again. I'm thinking new shocks are in my near future.

The rear shocks can be rebuilt...no need to buy new, or replacements! Of course, you'll want to first check to see if there is a leak in the hoses, in case it's just a loose connection that is leaking the air out.
You can check out the rebuild procedure here, for an idea of how the shocks are assembled. Just scroll down to the "Progressive Suspension Installation pdf's:", and then follow the download instructs. :eek:k:

Great! Thanks! I was getting a little scared when I started pricing shocks! A rebuild seems much cheaper.

AApple":1lnusicn said:
Take the passenger side(right) side panel off, and you'll see it. It's right above the rear footpeg. :mrgreen:

behind my passenger side panel is the battery :head bang: , but we do drive on the correct (it dates back to Romans in Chariots) side of the road :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

romans and chariots and the pope .....no wonder i like riding on the wrong side of the road .....our whole society was based on these idiots .......look where the world is at now :shock: :cheeky: :salute: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Little known fact...

The reason people drive on the left is because when we fought with swords, passing to the left put your sword arm on the side of the person you were passing in case you need to cleave them on the way by. Or block them from skewering you!

Just wanted to throw that out there. I still think it's the wrong side of the damn road and I would probably get killed after about 3 miles trying to drive anywhere but the USA!

But...what if you were a "lefty" back in the day? Stay home? :smilie_happy:

Latest posts