Revenge of the Amazonas!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTC@MSAC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
64-CA95, 67-CA160, 67-CA77, 82-CM250C, 82-CB450SC, 82-GL500i, 81-GL1100, 82-GL1100i, & Assorted Others
looking at the Kawasaki Voyager reminded me of another behemoth, the Brazilian one. Yes, I remember Cycle World, and Cycle magazine, too, I think, did write-ups and road tests of this montrosity. I think you have to be a minimum of 6' just to hold this brute upright. Now, like, then, I find this to be one hideously ugly ride, they should have made a diesel version! Enjoy!

https://www.odd-bike.com/2012/12/amazon ... ilian.html

No! I like the Kawasaki....I just got this memory stuck in my head, and I had to share, lol!
I consider the Amazonas as a production frankenstein, that's all.

Amazonas-Front.jpg

This one looks pregnant, lol!
I think the Cycle Magazine issue did have one that showed off the motor well. I just couldn't find that issue on line, but I remember the rider was this 6'6" blonde German guy. He was flat footing the thing, and doing a burnout, or so the photo was made to look, anyways, lol!

Maybe a decorative cover for carbs mounted directly on the cylinder head? Every one of these looks like a hodge-podge of whatever was around to build it at any given moment, lol!

"Once you looked past the charm of a cobbled together, tough as Twinkies, Beetle-powered cruiser it was clear that the Amazonas was quite terrible in every conceivable metric."

:smilie_happy:

My parents kept dropping #1 exhaust valve on our 70 VW bus. After 3 times in 9 years, my dad put the 3rd and last new jug, piston & conn rod on, and sold it, lol!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212823#p212823:10we77uu said:
GTC@MSAC » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:04 pm[/url]":10we77uu]
Now, like, then, I find this to be one hideously ugly ride, they should have made a diesel version! Enjoy!

Really?!
I like the lines.
My roofed Oldwing should look like that. LOL

.. maybe I should wear this ODD BIKE t-shirt when I finally ride my RoofedWing.

well, I never said anyone had to have the same opinion as myself, lol! I was mainly curious as to how this bike has been received by anyone and everyone else. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, cheers!

Latest posts