Seatery

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plskthompson1":15484q42 said:

Wow, I didnt know sheepskin was so pricey.

Hey what about those truckers beads, anyone ever tried them?
I met a guy in AZ used it on his 1200. He said it helped alot.

The beads are not too bad, not as good as sheep skin, but our seats are a little small for them and they tend to want to slide around. There was a place that made custom seat beads for 1100 seats, but I do not remember where I saw it.

When I was in the military, a million years ago I was air crew on a patrol squadron. I learned real quick how prolonged sitting in one spot got very uncomfortable. I mentioned it to one of our pilots and he taught me about doing isometric exercises while sitting and it really worked for me.

As I ride I tighten and relax the mussels in my butt and legs. I don’t wait until I get uncomfortable to start doing these exercises, but begin within the first thirty minutes of riding and then every few minutes afterwards for a short time. By doing so I can ride all day and remain fairly comfortable. I’m not implying that I ride all day without taking breaks, when I do take breaks I move around and get some more exercise. I’m in my sixties and this same technique still works well for me.

Well, I usually end up clenching my but every few fundred yards while i'm driving around Houston on a daily basis. Except for me its always an involuntary, natural reaction to the motoring inviroment. :lol:

Ok. I've never seen one of these before. Since it looked unique, I went ahead and bought it. The front and back seat have springs underneath them, like you see on some of those fancy bar hoppers.

I thought maybe one of you would know who makes this thing. Including shipping, it cost $214. Here's some pics:

gl1100grey58.jpg

gl1100grey57.jpg

The auction said it's for the 80-83 goldwings. I had the seller send me some pictures of the pan, and it looks like mine, except where the bolts go that hold the seat in place. I have an '80, so I have the 2 bolts. I believe this is from the years where you have that fancey pull thingy to adjust the seat.

mcgovern61":28vauo07 said:
The beads are not too bad, not as good as sheep skin, but our seats are a little small for them and they tend to want to slide around. There was a place that made custom seat beads for 1100 seats, but I do not remember where I saw it.

You can grab a set of beads for a car from Wally mart for about 10-12 bucks. The things are long enough to fit from the false tank all the way to the top of the trunk. The back rest and I tried one on our trip to Tennessee last year. They were cool, but we thought they were kind of hard on our bum for the long trip. 1100 miles in 2 days.

Doesnt look too bad but it looks like its not very big from front to back for the driver, Doesnt look like it will support your upper thighs at all

Andyb":1rt807dt said:
https://www.sickafus.com/sheepskin/MCYCLST.html

I bought my sheepskin here and it was cheaper than the ones at blacksheep. Mine did not come with straps like those at blacksheep but it does not matter when I am sitting on it.

I like method 3

Method #3
Get a gang together and go for a ride, visit our store, and rummage through our cheapie sheepie pile, just inside the door. Find some bargains, $10 to $29.99 Our store is "Pat Garrett's Sheepskin Outlet", Rt. 78, Exit 19, Strausstown, PA. 19559

Road Trip!

Dan, if you make the trip, come through Kentucky and I can promise a couch to sleep on, a hot shower and access to a washer and dryer. We host bicyclists who are touring all the time. About time we started hosting motorcyclists.

dan filipi":3qie949i said:
Andyb":3qie949i said:
https://www.sickafus.com/sheepskin/MCYCLST.html

I bought my sheepskin here and it was cheaper than the ones at blacksheep. Mine did not come with straps like those at blacksheep but it does not matter when I am sitting on it.

I like method 3

Method #3
Get a gang together and go for a ride, visit our store, and rummage through our cheapie sheepie pile, just inside the door. Find some bargains, $10 to $29.99 Our store is "Pat Garrett's Sheepskin Outlet", Rt. 78, Exit 19, Strausstown, PA. 19559

Road Trip!

BigAndrew":2rtgkjyu said:
Doesnt look too bad but it looks like its not very big from front to back for the driver, Doesnt look like it will support your upper thighs at all

I thought about that, so I had the seller send me some more pics before I bought it. The seat looks a little longer. I kind of equate it to sitting on a stool. I'm comfortable in a seat where my feet are on the floor, with the weight of my thighs not resting on the seat, but on my feet, with my knees just a little bit higher than where my butt is resting on the seat.

Hell, if it's not comfortable for my 330lb pooper, I'll sell this unique, one of a kind, GL1100 motorcycle seat, which will double as a conversation ice breaker on one of those rally rides, for the low, LOW price of $450.00. It's guaranteed to have the ladies volunteer to be your backrest!

Because of the special place in my heart, in which you all reside, you guys get first dibs on it. If no one here wants it, I'm off to the local GWRA museum and sell it to them for $1642.96. That's a savings of $1192.96!!! Tell me one of your wives wouldn't appreciate that!...PLUS, if you order in the next 10 minutes, I'll throw in a free Slap Chopper, wait...TWO FREE SLAP CHOPPERS!!

:music: :clapping: :music: :clapping: :smilie_happy: