Seatery

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seat just showed up in the mail. That thing is HUGE!! That thing didn't fit on an '80, I'll tell you that much. My trunk is moved back a bit, and the thing misses getting into the seat mount on the false tank by about 1/8", while still pushed against the trunk. The side mount holes line up. I wonder if it's off a 1200? Gonna break out the grinder if I can't get it on there.

I tried a 1200 seat on my 1100 and found the mounts dont line up so what you have must be for an 1100 or maybe a 1000.
Maybe it was made to fit a Standard without the trunk.

Please post pics with it installed, it's a real one of a kind!

Just thought I'd throw this out at you all. I've been pricing sheepskin for my bike, and the cheapest I've been able to find around here is about $70. Well, the backrest and I were strolling through Sam's Club, and found a sheet of genuine sheep skin. It's shear cut, the nap is about 2", and all white. It looks large enough to drape over that new seat I bought. The thing cost $22. It's out in the garage now, waiting it's turn.

:cool!: Hmmm.... I think i'll have a look at Wal-Tart for one of those too and maybe some black dye for it as well :salute:

tumunga":373vmyfk said:
Just thought I'd throw this out at you all. I've been pricing sheepskin for my bike, and the cheapest I've been able to find around here is about $70. Well, the backrest and I were strolling through Sam's Club, and found a sheet of genuine sheep skin. It's shear cut, the nap is about 2", and all white. It looks large enough to drape over that new seat I bought. The thing cost $22. It's out in the garage now, waiting it's turn.

I finally broke out the sheep hide this weekend. I thought I would let you all see what $22 and a Sam's Club membership will get you (man, that thing is cushy on my tushy):

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

PS: I sold the new seat I bought. I didn't like how high in the air it put me, so this hide is setting on my wore out travelcade.

I think imma go check out the local sams club soon :mrgreen: And then stop at walmart for some black dye :music:
--- Edit ---
I just realised I said that 4 posts and 3 months ago :smilie_happy:

Omega Man":2792mpfg said:
White tumunga, really? Color aside that looks sooo comfortable. I'd like to get the wife on one of them, maybe in a bathing su.... ;)

~O~

Yup, white. You gotta have a little contrast with the black. Also, it reflects the heat better, staying cooler, it was the only color they had, and....it was only $22!!

I have a saddleman seat and it did take a bit of time getting used to the hieght.But I did get used to it after a bit.
I also have a sheep pelt seat cover that I used for longer trips.Diffinitly makes a differance on the long sitting times.

tumunga":pt3ry42r said:
BigAndrew":pt3ry42r said:
How did you attach it to the seat? Did you staple it?

No sir. I just drape it over the seat. The "skin" side grips onto the vinyl seat pretty good to keep it from slipping, and I can just pick it up when we're finished with it.

Oh ok... Sounds good to me

Andyb":pt3ry42r said:
BigAndrew":pt3ry42r said:
How did you attach it to the seat? Did you staple it?
I use about 230 lbs of dead weight to hold mine on :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I guess that works too :mrgreen:

BigAndrew":2u2rbpmj said:
mcgovern61":2u2rbpmj said:
She has used a genuine black hair sheep skin for over 20 years without ever getting a pressure sore or reduced circulation to her bum.

Black Huh? Thats what i need to match my bike's color :mrgreen:
black Huh?me to but dose it come in flat black or glossy :smilie_happy: