Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel Progressive Holley,Weber 740 carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99031#p99031:2lfdj005 said:
westgl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 am[/url]":2lfdj005]
I would like to know that too.

But it does not have to be fuel rated hose, as it has very little, if any contact with fuel, if reducer chokes were added to the outlets.

It would only serve as a mechanical seal.
Agreed.
Home depot sells 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 abs couplings with ss clamps.
Also have 1-1/2 x 1-1/4 couplings.
They will stretch easy over the plenum outlets. I used them on my first build.

Again, you can test fuel compatability by putting slivers of the hose in a small baby food jar and cover it in your gas. Just let it sit for a few days and if it turns to sludge then it will on the bike if exposed to fuel. If you plan on E10 then put E10 in the jar, E85=E85,..... :mrgreen:

Sorry guys, I could be wrong about it being fuel rated, what I used is Gates stick hose, available at o'reillys, it is commonly used for fuel filler pipe connections on automotive gas tanks, but if you keep the gap between runners and intake very tight it should not cause any problems.

+1

I agree if you keep the gap between runners and intake very tight it should not cause any problems

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99040#p99040:2hkyge6v said:
shovelking81 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 am[/url]":2hkyge6v]
Sorry guys, I could be wrong about it being fuel rated, what I used is Gates stick hose, available at o'reillys, it is commonly used for fuel filler pipe connections on automotive gas tanks, but if you keep the gap between runners and intake very tight it should not cause any problems.

What happened to Jungo?

I was hoping to hear a ride report for that new 32DFT.

He must have had a birthday, or it came early.

I talked to him Monday, he was working on tapping new threads in the plenum like I did.
Haven't heard since then.

Maybe he's out cruising the countryside with a big grin :mrgreen:

OK I am close to pulling the trigger on a pair of SS grab rails for my '82 (looks silly when you type it) but must decide between 1 1/2" or 1 1/4". The 1 1/2" has worked well for Shovelking and all the IDs from the plenum to the port would be close. Or the 1 1/4" would seem to naturally give better throttle response and low end torque.

I am leaning toward 1 1/4". Is anyone else working on a 1 1/4" hand rail setup or has one running who could comment? Or do I have to be the guinea pig.

Thoughts, comments

Thanks
Brian

well I leaning like you to 1 1/4 ....that gets close to 1 1/8 ID and I think that's great choice ...the carbs are made for 1600cc motor 1100s are 500cc less ...anyway im leaning this way also to shoot for best runner size

I Bought the 1-1/4" Grab Bar, but i have not even opened the box other than to measure them.

I am trying to decide on weather to go 1-1/2"od which should be 1-3/8"id at the plenum outlet, then reduce down the ID as i go ending up with 1" ID about 1-1/2" before the bend.

I will do some testing first.

I will start at 1.300"ID x 3/4" long, at the plenum outlet, then reduce to 1-1/4"ID x 2" long, then 1.050" ID x 1.00" long, then open up to 1.300" ID again right before the bend.

I have one tube done. But got side tracked.

The wife came home with a new toy for me, so i had to stop what i was doing

She likes, American Horror story, Walking Dead, & Super Natural, & The Americans.

She bought me a 1TB HDD & DVDRW, all in one recorder, so i can record movies off cable to either hard drive or Dvd, after 23 years i think I'll keep her.

She does Chicken right, and i dont have to call her Colonial Sanders

I got a good wife, she bought me a gift, and it her birthday.

Dang How Do I top that?? ah schnitz this is going to be tough.

First ride report:

DAMN!!!!

Now I have a new bike. Hi Torque Power on take off like never before. No hesitation or stumbling. No more starving for gas. She goes from 0-70mph in few seconds (I'm not a drag fan, this was only for test) I'm scare of she. :mrgreen:

I didn't make any adjustment, just bring from the box, install and ride. I feel so much power, but now I'm concern about the mpg. I was proud of my 195mi per tank on highways, so that will be the next test. Tomorrow, a full tank and go to Bradenton Beach, FL.

I can't make a fair comparison between the PICT34 and the 32DFT, because the 34PICT I was using was defective. Guy thanks for all your advises and hints, especially Joedrum, West and Dan.

Now I'm going to take a 30-40mi ride on highway. Talk with you guys later.

Live long and prosper.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99251#p99251:xwek0s7q said:
canuckxxxx » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:00 pm[/url]":xwek0s7q]
OK I am close to pulling the trigger on a pair of SS grab rails for my '82 (looks silly when you type it) but must decide between 1 1/2" or 1 1/4". The 1 1/2" has worked well for Shovelking and all the IDs from the plenum to the port would be close. Or the 1 1/4" would seem to naturally give better throttle response and low end torque.

I am leaning toward 1 1/4". Is anyone else working on a 1 1/4" hand rail setup or has one running who could comment? Or do I have to be the guinea pig.

Thoughts, comments

Thanks
Brian

OK the die has been cast and I have made my commitment; just ordered a pair of 1 1/4" x 18" Moen grab bars. I ordered them from amazon at $22 each with free shipping so that wasn't too bad.

I have some different ideas about the flange at the head and the way the runners meet up with the plenum...will keep you posted.

Brian

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99062#p99062:1w7kc8zl said:
Ansimp » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:48 pm[/url]":1w7kc8zl]
Nice job on your bathroom grab rails :good:
are we still using juice cap tops to plug holes?? :hihihi: :music2: :builder: :music3: :popcorn:

Jungo

That's GREAT!!!!!!

I am glad you like it.

Yea that was my response too.

She's a Lively beast.

The power is Amazing, and something you are not ready for.

you are going to give Gas mileage MPG figures, good

Are you going to ride on Primary only.

Or ride on both primary and secondary.

Riding on both barrels momentarily through out your ride would be much harder to duplicate your mileage, over several tanks, I would think.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99596#p99596:1hvlemcr said:
Jungo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 am[/url]":1hvlemcr]
First ride report:

DAMN!!!!

Now I have a new bike. Hi Torque Power on take off like never before. No hesitation or stumbling. No more starving for gas. She goes from 0-70mph in few seconds (I'm not a drag fan, this was only for test) I'm scare of she. :mrgreen:

I didn't make any adjustment, just bring from the box, install and ride. I feel so much power, but now I'm concern about the mpg. I was proud of my 195mi per tank on highways, so that will be the next test. Tomorrow, a full tank and go to Bradenton Beach, FL.

I can't make a fair comparison between the PICT34 and the 32DFT, because the 34PICT I was using was defective. Guy thanks for all your advises and hints, especially Joedrum, West and Dan.

Now I'm going to take a 30-40mi ride on highway. Talk with you guys later.

Live long and prosper.

Second test trip:

I just run 70 enjoyable miles. :Egyptian: Radiation levels in the engine room of the Enterprise were to a minimum, and Scotty was upset that we no longer use dilithium crystals. :mrgreen: The shifting was smooth as silk , and when I demanded power, there was available. The bike behaves as if using the 4 -cylinder to 100%. Previously never noticed that with the OEM rack . I 'm sure many members of this forum have achieved a good performance with the OEM rack . That's not my case. I have only nine months working with the Enterprise , and it was really hard for me to achieve 100 % yield of the OEM rack because of my inexperience.

During the whole trip I kept using the primary. Traveling at 55 - 60mph @ 3000rpm , I noticed that if the rpm down to 2700 to 2600 , the Enterpise easily recovered and reached the 3000-3100 without any effort or down shifting.

Really do not know what else to say . I just hope the day tomorrow to test mpg. Stay tuned for photos and videos of travel. :moped:

Live long and prosper .

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99616#p99616:1nt9onyi said:
Jungo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:48 pm[/url]":1nt9onyi]
Second test trip:

I just run 70 enjoyable miles. :Egyptian: Radiation levels in the engine room of the Enterprise were to a minimum, and Scotty was upset that we no longer use dilithium crystals. :mrgreen: The shifting was smooth as silk , and when I demanded power, there was available. The bike behaves as if using the 4 -cylinder to 100%. Previously never noticed that with the OEM rack . I 'm sure many members of this forum have achieved a good performance with the OEM rack . That's not my case. I have only nine months working with the Enterprise , and it was really hard for me to achieve 100 % yield of the OEM rack because of my inexperience.

During the whole trip I kept using the primary. Traveling at 55 - 60mph @ 3000rpm , I noticed that if the rpm down to 2700 to 2600 , the Enterpise easily recovered and reached the 3000-3100 without any effort or down shifting.

Really do not know what else to say . I just hope the day tomorrow to test mpg. Stay tuned for photos and videos of travel. :moped:

Live long and prosper .

Jungo,

What setup are you using? Grab bars? 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"?
I have looked but cannot find where you describe it.

Brian