Single carb video's, post yours

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my christmas/ birthday present of a go pro vid cam and when I get it all figured I'll post a vid from a prettier area to ride with some easy twistys and such.
Big learning curve on editing a bunch of footage down to something someone would want to watch :laptop:
dave

here is another video, shorter and better road.
Go pro takes good video but by the time I get it edited to you tube quality is not as good. still learning settings to use.
too much wind noise at speed but you can hear the engine now and again.
A little over 4 min long.
dave

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MptepXJsmY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

wow nice vid ...good view of ride ..i felt right there ...seems the motor runs fine the times you can hear it and seems to have rather good push for the conditions of the ride ... your skill seemed rather good too ...nice 44444

thank you for the kind words just wanted to show how the single carb can run smooth and reliable.
Nice winter day here in Southern California good weather but not enough water. every place has its issues I guess

Great ride and video. I only use the full waterproof case on my Gopro and I don't seem to get as much road noise as you experienced. It may be the combination of fairing and your helmet visor but I am assuming that you had the other back door on the GoPro rather than the waterproof one.

yes still checking out the go pro. first time I used waterproof back, less wind noise but also less engine sound so this time I did use the vented door.
Still not what I was hoping for. I'll keep experimenting.

I think I mostly run the bike in between 4,000 and 6,000 r.p.m. I think the early goldwings really are meant for that range.
5th gear at 4,000 is pretty much 65 mph or so, so I think the honda engineers designed that as cruising r.p.m.
But like my wife says I'm full of it at least half the time so maybe I'm off base with this thinking. :headscratch:
dave

To get more engine noise I think that you need to mount the camera closer to the engine etc and use the waterproof door to dampen the wind noise. I love the iPhone on my dash as the dash cam etc, plenty of engine noise :yahoo:
[video]https://youtu.be/q552yKiOJ3k[/video]

Latest posts